From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io [mailto:Crosley-Gang@groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Gerhard
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 6:59 AM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: [Crosley-Gang] Wauseon Newb suggestions?

I'll be making my first trip to Nationals, arriving Thursday afternoon and staying through most of Saturday.
Long-time Crosley family; my Dad had several, and I now own his '51 Super Sports (currently mid-restoration), which I learned to drive in in the late 60s.
I will have some parts for sale, and otherwise looking to meet people, see some intact cars (it's been a while), and soak up some karma.

Any suggestions or tips, beyond showing up?

-tom

Jim Bollman

It can be addictive. We pulled in yesterday morning and the place was already humming. Most people I have seen on a Tuesday.

Steve pretty much covered the high points.  If you can get here before 6pm you might be able to grab a ride in a Crosley on the road rally through town to the ice cream shop. Fireside chat at 8pm on Thursday is always fun too.

Bring extra cash for those goodies you need for that restoration.

Don’t be shy we are a friendly bunch and love to talk. Lots of experienced Crosley people willing to share their knowledge.

Jim...
Sent from my iThing

On Jul 11, 2018, at 8:38 AM, Steve <brawnybug@...> wrote:

Show up, have fun, meet people, tell Crosley stories, have fun, wear good walking shoes, drink water (it could be hot), have fun, meet more people, look at a lot of cars, ask a lot of questions, meet the vendors, ask more questions, and call your wife every now and then to let her know you are still alive.  I’ll be arriving myself on Thursday afternoon and staying through Saturday.

-Steve M.

I'll be making my first trip to Nationals, arriving Thursday afternoon and staying through most of Saturday.
Long-time Crosley family; my Dad had several, and I now own his '51 Super Sports (currently mid-restoration), which I learned to drive in in the late 60s.
I will have some parts for sale, and otherwise looking to meet people, see some intact cars (it's been a while), and soak up some karma.

Any suggestions or tips, beyond showing up?

-tom

Tom Gerhard

Thanks, hoping to be in town before 6;  I'm assuming "here" the fairgrounds?

-tom

Jim Bollman

Yep

Jim...
Sent from my iThing

On Jul 11, 2018, at 9:54 AM, Tom Gerhard <tom@...> wrote:

Thanks, hoping to be in town before 6;  I'm assuming "here" the fairgrounds?

-tom

crosleyshortsport

Shake some hands, ask questions, and enjoy the show !  Jeffrey

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018, 12:38 PM Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:
Yep

Jim...
Sent from my iThing

On Jul 11, 2018, at 9:54 AM, Tom Gerhard <tom@...> wrote:

Thanks, hoping to be in town before 6;  I'm assuming "here" the fairgrounds?

-tom

Ron Dole

I, like Tom, am new to this. I will make my first trip to the nationals today, and will stay till done on Saturday. I hope this show lives up to the hype, as I need a few thousand dollars in parts for my restoration. I plan to meet a lot of people with more knowledge on Crosleys than I have. See you at the show.

crosleyshortsport

Ron,  I hope we exceed your expectations !  Jeffrey,  chairman of the meet

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018, 7:04 AM Ron Dole <rdole417@...> wrote:
I, like Tom, am new to this. I will make my first trip to the nationals today, and will stay till done on Saturday. I hope this show lives up to the hype, as I need a few thousand dollars in parts for my restoration. I plan to meet a lot of people with more knowledge on Crosleys than I have. See you at the show.

Jeremy Rutherford

Heading out today for my second year, 1st as an owner, same boat looking to trade paper for parts haha,  we had a great time our first year,  very friendly people, not a mega sized show (but the cars and parts are small) but different than any other I’d been to and very enjoyable!
Jeremy

On Jul 12, 2018, at 6:13 AM, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:

Ron,  I hope we exceed your expectations !  Jeffrey,  chairman of the meet

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018, 7:04 AM Ron Dole <rdole417@...> wrote:
I, like Tom, am new to this. I will make my first trip to the nationals today, and will stay till done on Saturday. I hope this show lives up to the hype, as I need a few thousand dollars in parts for my restoration. I plan to meet a lot of people with more knowledge on Crosleys than I have. See you at the show.

Tom Gerhard

1200 miles and 21 hours behind the wheel later ... definitely worth it.   Everyone was so friendly and generous with their knowledge, I got some space back in my garage, and am super pumped to come back with my car ('51 Super Sports) next year!

crosleyshortsport

Glad you enjoyed the show Tom !   2019 is the the big 50th year for the club !!