Topics

WANTED: one crosley wheel

Dave Shipman
 

I need a crosley wheel, is there more than one style? I live in CA., just one would be great! Thanks

Plandersen
 

I have many extra.  You could have one if you pay for shipping.  You might find one closer though.  I live in Washington State.  Kent

Kent Andersen, YVIAA District Director
PO Box 364
Royal City, WA  99357

Phone 509-346-1500
Fax 509-346-1540
Cell 509-760-5881
Email pkandersen@...





On May 3, 2019, at 10:52 PM, Dave Shipman <officershipman@...> wrote:

I need a crosley wheel, is there more than one style? I live in CA., just one would be great! Thanks

christopher cochrane
 

What part of Cali are you in. I’m sure if you were to attend the west cost meet on May 11 in Perris ca you could take one home with you. 

On May 4, 2019, at 7:37 AM, Plandersen <pkandersen@...> wrote:

I have many extra.  You could have one if you pay for shipping.  You might find one closer though.  I live in Washington State.  Kent

Kent Andersen, YVIAA District Director
PO Box 364
Royal City, WA  99357

Phone 509-346-1500
Fax 509-346-1540
Cell 509-760-5881
Email pkandersen@...





On May 3, 2019, at 10:52 PM, Dave Shipman <officershipman@...> wrote:

I need a crosley wheel, is there more than one style? I live in CA., just one would be great! Thanks

Jim Bollman
 

To answer your style question, there are really only two styes, the 1939-41 rims are narrower than the 1942 and postwar Crosley rims. There are lots of trailer rims that will fit the bolt pattern but only few of the same vintage are the same style as the Crosley.

On May 4, 2019, at 1:52 AM, Dave Shipman <officershipman@...> wrote:

I need a crosley wheel, is there more than one style? I live in CA., just one would be great! Thanks

Dave Shipman
 

I live in the SF bay area, the reason i need a rim is that I purchased a set of the MQQN 12” trimrings out of japan and I need a test wheel to see if they fit. There’s no doubt that once i put one on one of my freshly painted wheel, it’s gonna leave some scratch marks on the inside lip of the wheel from the teeth on the inside of the trimring. so for the sake of me and the crosley community- i’m gonna find out if these nice quality-stainless steel trimrings work on the crosley wheel and post my answer. I had already ruled out a set from Mike’s hubcaps as too deep for the crosley wheel so short of locating a set of original crosley trimrings, these are my last resort. I see one of the members posted stating all I have to do is pay for shipping so i’m gonna message him and take him up on his offer. Thanks for the responses crosley gang!

Gary Cochrane
 

Please do post your test results. If these work this is a great find.




On Saturday, May 4, 2019, 11:03 PM, Dave Shipman <officershipman@...> wrote:

I live in the SF bay area, the reason i need a rim is that I purchased a set of the MQQN 12” trimrings out of japan and I need a test wheel to see if they fit. There’s no doubt that once i put one on one of my freshly painted wheel, it’s gonna leave some scratch marks on the inside lip of the wheel from the teeth on the inside of the trimring. so for the sake of me and the crosley community- i’m gonna find out if these nice quality-stainless steel trimrings work on the crosley wheel and post my answer. I had already ruled out a set from Mike’s hubcaps as too deep for the crosley wheel so short of locating a set of original crosley trimrings, these are my last resort. I see one of the members posted stating all I have to do is pay for shipping so i’m gonna message him and take him up on his offer. Thanks for the responses crosley gang!