Wanted: Clock Buy/Sell or Clock Motor

Jim Bollman

I have a “Time For Crosley” clock with a bad clock motor. Cosmetically it is in very good condition. I’m looking for some one with a working similar clock that is in bad cosmetic condition. I’m willing to buy the motor or whole clock so one good clock can be assembled or sell my good but not running clock so that a good clock can be assembled. My other option is to modify the back of the clock case and install a Quartz movement or a different style motor. I unfortunately didn’t take pictures before disassembly but here is a similar clock and pictures of the face and motor from mine. Going to Wauseon for possible swap.

Spock Arnold

Edited

If you want to bring it to Wauseon, we can see if one of the clock works I am using to make the hubcap clocks will fit!!
                Dave Anspach

On Monday, June 28, 2021, 08:42:26 PM EDT, Jim Bollman <jim@...> wrote:

I have a “Time For Crosley” clock with a bad clock motor. Cosmetically it is in very good condition. I’m looking for some one with a working similar clock that is in bad cosmetic condition. I’m willing to buy the motor or whole clock so one good clock can be assembled or sell my good but not running clock so that a good clock can be assembled. My other option is to modify the back of the clock case and install a Quartz movement or a different style motor. I unfortunately didn’t take pictures before disassembly but here is a similar clock and pictures of the face and motor from mine. Going to Wauseon for possible swap.

Jim Bollman

There is no opening in the back where you could change batteries or set the time. There is two small holes for changing the light bulbs, one on each side of center. The motor mounts to the back with just a hole for the knob to set the time. I would have to cut a hole in the center of the back to use a quartz movement. I thought I would make a stab at finding a motor first or some one that wanted a clock. I have since found one of the octagon Crosley clocks so I can go either way on a trade. Just hate to modify an original clock if I don’t have to.

On Jun 28, 2021, at 9:21 PM, Spock Arnold via groups.io <tmkldwwj@...> wrote:

If you want to bring it to Wauseon, we can see if one of the clock works I am using to make the hubcap clocks will fit!!
                Dave Anspach

On Monday, June 28, 2021, 08:42:26 PM EDT, Jim Bollman <jim@...> wrote:

I have a “Time For Crosley” clock with a bad clock motor. Cosmetically it is in very good condition. I’m looking for some one with a working similar clock that is in bad cosmetic condition. I’m willing to buy the motor or whole clock so one good clock can be assembled or sell my good but not running clock so that a good clock can be assembled. My other option is to modify the back of the clock case and install a Quartz movement or a different style motor. I unfortunately didn’t take pictures before disassembly but here is a similar clock and pictures of the face and motor from mine. Going to Wauseon for possible swap.

<Clock.jpeg>
<Clock Face-sm.jpeg>
<Motor-Ft.jpeg>
<Motor-Bk.jpeg>

<Motor-Bk.jpeg><Motor-Ft.jpeg><Clock Face-sm.jpeg><Clock.jpeg>