Voltage regulator

Andy Farley

I've got a 6v negative ground voltage regulator (nos, not installed). I was wondering if I can use it in my SS. What is the difference between a positive ground regulator and a negative ground regulator?

Butch

Andy,

According to the guy, that rewound our generators for 12 volt usage, the only difference between positive and negative ground generators and regulators, was the way that the battery was hooked up, when they were polarized. Meaning that there is no difference.

Butch

On 7/26/2021 2:54 PM, Andy Farley wrote:
I've got a 6v negative ground voltage regulator (nos, not installed). I was wondering if I can use it in my SS. What is the difference between a positive ground regulator and a negative ground regulator?
_._,

Sam Perley

At Wauseon my voltage regulator overheated and welded itself together :)