Topics

VC body bolts?

PATRICIA GRITTI

  My apologies. Asked for help removing the body from my '52 VC before.

Sad to say haven't succeeded at this yet. Seeing that the youth project has

removed the VC body and replaced it has  me wondering what I'm doing wrong.

Have removed the two bolts that connect a frame cross member to the floor

through the seat brackets. Have also removed the small bolts at the front gravel

pan and those at the left & right frame outriggers. The body still won't budge.

  Help! Please tell me what I'm missing?

  Don

gaelecsol@...

Don, it has been a few years since I restored my 50 VC but if memory serves me there are bolts on each side behind the rear wheel area and bolts on each side in the engine bay area behind the wheel opening.
Mine were so covered with undercoating I like to have never found them!
Good luck,
Jerry

In a message dated 3/17/2017 12:05:23 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, donald-gritti@... writes:

  My apologies. Asked for help removing the body from my '52 VC before.

Sad to say haven't succeeded at this yet. Seeing that the youth project has

removed the VC body and replaced it has  me wondering what I'm doing wrong.

Have removed the two bolts that connect a frame cross member to the floor

through the seat brackets. Have also removed the small bolts at the front gravel

pan and those at the left & right frame outriggers. The body still won't budge.

  Help! Please tell me what I'm missing?

  Don

PATRICIA GRITTI

  Hi Jerry

  Thank you. Yes, my VC body has a lot of undercoating also. Will go after the bolts you mentioned.

  Don

On March 17, 2017 at 1:03 PM "gaelecsol via Groups.Io" <gaelecsol@...> wrote:

[...]

Let me know if you can't/don't find them. I will take a look at mine when I go to my shop in the morning.

In a message dated 3/17/2017 1:13:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, donald-gritti@... writes:

[...]

Blush, am 120 miles from my VC.. Will have to look for the bolts next week.
Don

On March 17, 2017 at 1:18 PM "gaelecsol via Groups.Io" <gaelecsol@...> wrote:

[...]

LOL! No problem.

In a message dated 3/17/2017 2:01:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, donald-gritti@... writes:
[...]

Tim Hamblen

Here's what the youth car had. Two bolts front under hood (the angle steel supports stay with the body) look near the shocks. Two in rear nearly all the way back. In the middle are the ones holding seat braces . There's more than two each side. Two more just forward of the braces. Take out steering box and column, brake and clutch pedals. Remove trans floor cover and trans top (put it in Neutral) Remove parking brake lever. Remove panel on lower fender well passenger side so body clears battery holder.On the youth car the wiring harness to the rear actually went thru the frame so you have to deal with that. Since we are rewiring , we color coded the wires and cut them.The harness ran to a distribution black mounted on rear floorboard underneath. Disconnect wires there.Now having done and said all that, remember there is a cloth type tape that goes between the body and the frame . After years of corrosion it can stick the two together. Once we had all the above done we got in front and picked up on thje boddy and jerked it real good, same in rear, this broke the corrosion loose.

dalef62

I also had a few bolts on the outer edges of the body in the passenger area.  They are where the outriggers are, I think two on each side.

Dale