Topics

Turn Signal Switch

NA NA

Does anybody know if D and O Electronics is still selling the Turn Signal Switches for the Crosley. I have tried calling and no answer and e-mail keep getting rejected. Has anyone got anything from him.

Thanks Jim S

crosleyshortsport

I have one of those I bought from him five years ago. I am not going to use it. I decided not to put the signals on the car it was intended for. I will sell it to you for $75 plus $10 shipping.
        Jeffrey Ackerman

On Apr 13, 2017 9:19 PM, <OLDMACK50@...> wrote:

Does anybody know if D and O Electronics is still selling the Turn Signal Switches for the Crosley. I have tried calling and no answer and e-mail keep getting rejected. Has anyone got anything from him.

Thanks Jim S

NA NA

Hi Jeffrey the switch is the 6volt positive ground one if so send me a e-mail at oldmack50@... so I can get your info.

Thanks Jim S.

wvanbusk

Is this a common oem turn signal switch for a 1950 CD?

Joe Brownsberger

It's a heater switch. My 49 has one, I found it in the glove box. Attached are some picks that's the turn signal mine came with.

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018, 11:32 PM wvanbusk <wvanbusk@...> wrote:
Is this a common oem turn signal switch for a 1950 CD?

Attachments:

wvanbusk

Oh yes, the heater. That explains the extra holes in the firewall and the missing hoses. They forgot the heater fan switch.

So, what is left of the turn signal looks like this attached image. Was there an oem turn signal switch for the bottom of the dash? There is a bunch of wires and a flasher relay wired to this stump.

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018, 9:00 PM Joe Brownsberger <jbraunsberg@...> wrote:
It's a heater switch. My 49 has one, I found it in the glove box. Attached are some picks that's the turn signal mine came with.

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018, 11:32 PM wvanbusk <wvanbusk@...> wrote:
Is this a common oem turn signal switch for a 1950 CD?

Attachments:

Attachments:

Spock Arnold

Short answer.....no! Correct switch is a side to side slide.

On Sep 26, 2018 11:32 PM, wvanbusk <wvanbusk@...> wrote:
Is this a common oem turn signal switch for a 1950 CD?

Gabriel Haddad

The original switch is there, it's missing the slide tab. It's in pretty rough condition but, it may be restorable. Don't through it away!

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018, 7:20 AM Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Short answer.....no! Correct switch is a side to side slide.

On Sep 26, 2018 11:32 PM, wvanbusk <wvanbusk@...> wrote:
Is this a common oem turn signal switch for a 1950 CD?

wvanbusk

I will try to save it, thanks.

Not sure what the tab looks like, but it is not very big to fit in the little hole.

It slides! Mostly to the left. The wires are shot, so I will be removing it to clean.

Is there a dash turn indicator light or two in this setup? Do owners add them?

Cheers

L.E. Hardee

The indicator light is in the CD dashcluster.  Just one little light that blinks for either side.  If you look at the Crosley logo on the dash cluster,  you will see a little light on the left and one to the right.  One is the high beams indicator, the other is the turn signal indicator.

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 8:15 AM, wvanbusk <wvanbusk@...> wrote:
I will try to save it, thanks.

Not sure what the tab looks like, but it is not very big to fit in the little hole.

It slides! Mostly to the left. The wires are shot, so I will be removing it to clean.

Is there a dash turn indicator light or two in this setup? Do owners add them?

Cheers

Gabriel Haddad

The switch tab looks something like this.

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018, 8:22 AM L.E. Hardee <hftsales@...> wrote:
The indicator light is in the CD dashcluster.  Just one little light that blinks for either side.  If you look at the Crosley logo on the dash cluster,  you will see a little light on the left and one to the right.  One is the high beams indicator, the other is the turn signal indicator.

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 8:15 AM, wvanbusk <wvanbusk@...> wrote:
I will try to save it, thanks.

Not sure what the tab looks like, but it is not very big to fit in the little hole.

It slides! Mostly to the left. The wires are shot, so I will be removing it to clean.

Is there a dash turn indicator light or two in this setup? Do owners add them?

Cheers

dale@servicemotors.net

No it is not.  Not sure what that is

On Sep 26, 2018, at 8:32 PM, wvanbusk <wvanbusk@...> wrote:

Is this a common oem turn signal switch for a 1950 CD?

Attachments:

wvanbusk

Simple enough. Thanks for the photo!

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018, 6:33 AM Gabriel Haddad <super51.g100@...> wrote:
The switch tab looks something like this.

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018, 8:22 AM L.E. Hardee <hftsales@...> wrote:
The indicator light is in the CD dashcluster.  Just one little light that blinks for either side.  If you look at the Crosley logo on the dash cluster,  you will see a little light on the left and one to the right.  One is the high beams indicator, the other is the turn signal indicator.

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 8:15 AM, wvanbusk <wvanbusk@...> wrote:
I will try to save it, thanks.

Not sure what the tab looks like, but it is not very big to fit in the little hole.

It slides! Mostly to the left. The wires are shot, so I will be removing it to clean.

Is there a dash turn indicator light or two in this setup? Do owners add them?

Cheers

Attachments:

fred@...

Edited

Gabriel, that looks like the replacement turn signal switch that Neal sold - they work like the original except they will last longer.