Topics

Torque Value for Crosley Lug Bolts

Jim Bollman

I was asked the question of what the torque value for a Crosley lug bolt is and I didn't have an answer.

I told him that torquing wheel lugs is a fairly new thing and never thought of in the 40s and 50s. Us old guys just have.a feel for how tight they should be since we never used a torque wrench to put wheels on.

So now I'm asking here, so I might have a better answer. Someone must have figured it out.

Jim...

Robert Kirk

SAE and others set standard torque valve based on TPI and material.  You can find 100s of sources showing these values on the internet.