Topics

Tin block help

nadno1

Hello, I am in the process of putting together  running display tin motor, Did some tin motors not have provisions for a fuel pump, mine is plated off, when you look inside it appears there is no access to the camshaft?  So if this is true what is my best option, tank above for gravity feed or a 6 volt elec. pump.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Neal in Iowa

Butch

Neal,

I have never seen a Tin Block, with the fuel pump mounting location, any where but the front of the camshaft area.

The fuel pump is NOT driven by the camshaft itself, but rather by an eccentric on the camshaft gear, directly behind the teeth.

Butch

On 5/11/2020 1:20 PM, nadno1 via groups.io wrote:
Hello, I am in the process of putting together  running display tin motor, Did some tin motors not have provisions for a fuel pump, mine is plated off, when you look inside it appears there is no access to the camshaft?  So if this is true what is my best option, tank above for gravity feed or a 6 volt elec. pump.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Neal in Iowa

Picture of that side of the block would be helpful.

On May 11, 2020, at 1:20 PM, nadno1 via groups.io <nadno1@...> wrote:

Hello, I am in the process of putting together  running display tin motor, Did some tin motors not have provisions for a fuel pump, mine is plated off, when you look inside it appears there is no access to the camshaft?  So if this is true what is my best option, tank above for gravity feed or a 6 volt elec. pump.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Neal in Iowa

nadno1

Butch, I will look again but when you run your finger in the hole it all feels like solid tin  all around with no openings for the pump shaft,

I have never seen a Tin Block, with the fuel pump mounting location, any where but the front of the camshaft area.

The fuel pump is NOT driven by the camshaft itself, but rather by an eccentric on the camshaft gear, directly behind the teeth.

Butch

On 5/11/2020 1:20 PM, nadno1 via groups.io wrote:
Hello, I am in the process of putting together  running display tin motor, Did some tin motors not have provisions for a fuel pump, mine is plated off, when you look inside it appears there is no access to the camshaft?  So if this is true what is my best option, tank above for gravity feed or a 6 volt elec. pump.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Neal in Iowa

nadno1

Well after re-looking and finally removing the valve cover the pump is now installed, that's Butch and Jim fir your help as usual.