Topics

These Cars Were Revolutionary, But Everyone Forgot About Them

Jim Bollman

Hotshot made the list as the first American sports car.

https://www.hotcars.com/these-cars-were-revolutionary-but-everyone-forgot-about-them/

Nice article, It's a shame they didn't mention disc brakes!!

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 09:16:50 AM EDT, Jim Bollman <jim@...> wrote:

Hotshot made the list as the first American sports car.

https://www.hotcars.com/these-cars-were-revolutionary-but-everyone-forgot-about-them/

The other one I think of and I know most people define it different, but technically the VCs are mid engine. Strict definition is he engine is between the axles. You can see the front axle if you look down in front of the engine. That is part of the reason the VCs have such good weigh distribution.

On Oct 20, 2020, at 9:29 AM, Spock Arnold via groups.io <tmkldwwj@...> wrote:

Nice article, It's a shame they didn't mention disc brakes!!

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 09:16:50 AM EDT, Jim Bollman <jim@...> wrote:

Hotshot made the list as the first American sports car.

https://www.hotcars.com/these-cars-were-revolutionary-but-everyone-forgot-about-them/

Jim...

Richard Ranch

Cool list. Thanks for posting

On Oct 20, 2020, at 6:16 AM, Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:

Hotshot made the list as the first American sports car.

https://www.hotcars.com/these-cars-were-revolutionary-but-everyone-forgot-about-them/

Interesting article.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020, 9:59 AM Richard Ranch via groups.io <richardranch=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Cool list. Thanks for posting

On Oct 20, 2020, at 6:16 AM, Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:

Hotshot made the list as the first American sports car.

https://www.hotcars.com/these-cars-were-revolutionary-but-everyone-forgot-about-them/

Jim...

dave p

Hi Jim,  I think you are literally stretching that engine placement fact...  A mid engine car is considered to have the engine behind the driver,  and between the axles.

Dave Perry   OldSchool Restorations of North Alabama

Jim Bollman

Can’t disagree, but very few front engine cars have the engine behind the front axle and that does help weight distribution.