Topics

Thermostat direction

nadno1

Could someone tell me , on a radiator mounted thermostat does the long spring stub face the engine or in other words toward the hose?
Thanks in advance
NEAL

Richard Williams

FACES THE ENGINE. WATER FROM THE ENGINE HEATS THE BELLOWS SO IT OPENS WHEN HOT.

On Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 08:43:55 AM PDT, nadno1 via groups.io <nadno1@...> wrote:

Could someone tell me , on a radiator mounted thermostat does the long spring stub face the engine or in other words toward the hose?
Thanks in advance
NEAL

nadno1

Thanks Richard, that's what I thought, my 51 wagon is on the block, this is for a Cobra ( tin ) I am doing for a display piece. Just wanted to be sure it was correct.
Thanks again
Neal in Iowa