Topics

Still Looking For Any History on My 1951 Supersports

Steve Olinger

Hi,
          I am still searching for any history on my 1951 Supersports. I got a little more information that it came out of Indiana somewhere around 2014 and went to Vermont, then went to North Carolina. It was last titled in Indiana in 1962.
Thanks
Steve

Steve Olinger

HI,    Still searching for ANY information on my Supersports. Thanks!

Jim Bollman

The serial number might help track down it's history but it is a long shot. Otherwise all Super Sports look pretty much the same at one time or another in their life.

Jim...

On Mar 30, 2019, at 10:37 AM, olinger@... wrote:

HI,    Still searching for ANY information on my Supersports. Thanks!

Steve Olinger

Hi Jim,
              Good point. My Vin is 30573. Thanks to all!

Spock Arnold

Steve
   A little history of your ow worship might help.

On Mar 30, 2019 10:05 PM, olinger@... wrote:
Hi Jim,
              Good point. My Vin is 30573. Thanks to all!

Steve Olinger

Hi Dave,
          Are you saying you want me to write about my addiction to Crosley?

Spock Arnold

No Steve... I know about that.. What I thought might help with your hunt would be the history you have with this particular car.   Where it came from, who you bought it from, color features, etc.

On Sunday, March 31, 2019, 09:46:41 AM EDT, <olinger@...> wrote:

Hi Dave,
          Are you saying you want me to write about my addiction to Crosley?

Steve Olinger

Great,
          I purchased in Oct 2018 near Richmond Va from Robert Lewis. Before that it was near Raleigh North Carolina where a gentleman had listed it on Ebay  a couple times (Thanks Fred Syrdal for the photos he saved from Ebay and was also featured on the Barnfinds column May 2018) for his father in law. After speaking to him his father in law purchased it one morning at 5 am from a man in Vermont and no past history. The only history back of that is that it was last titled in 1962 in Indiana by Robert Christian from Clayton Indiana. It is very original car (which I Love) and Very surprised to see the HC stamped engine and the spot on the firewall for the Vitane tank! I then knew I had a factory  Vitameter car.    Thanks for any help!  I know I'm crazy for history.