Topics

Steel crank

David

Hi Will,

I have a couple of extra forged steel cranks.  They are rusty and need to be ground, but they are the real deal.  I’ll sell you one for $300.

BTW, my race engines refuse to rev beyond 8200 rpm.  On a chassis dyno in 3rd gear they go to 8200 and just stay there.  These engines are as hot as I can make them (almost nothing inside is Crosley, except cranks).

Best,

David Lambert

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

R Howard

Thanks David; At this time I'm just trying to learn about Crosley and day dream a bit.

Will

On Friday, May 26, 2017 9:07 PM, drlamber via Groups.Io <drlamber@...> wrote:

Hi Will,

I have a couple of extra forged steel cranks.  They are rusty and need to be ground, but they are the real deal.  I’ll sell you one for $300.

BTW, my race engines refuse to rev beyond 8200 rpm.  On a chassis dyno in 3rd gear they go to 8200 and just stay there.  These engines are as hot as I can make them (almost nothing inside is Crosley, except cranks).

Best,

David Lambert

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

R Howard

I would be interested in learning how to tell the so called forged steel crank from the cast crank. There is a crank on ebay now reported to be steel, but how to tell. It looks like a casting to me.

Will

On Friday, May 26, 2017 9:07 PM, drlamber via Groups.Io <drlamber@...> wrote:

Hi Will,

I have a couple of extra forged steel cranks.  They are rusty and need to be ground, but they are the real deal.  I’ll sell you one for $300.

BTW, my race engines refuse to rev beyond 8200 rpm.  On a chassis dyno in 3rd gear they go to 8200 and just stay there.  These engines are as hot as I can make them (almost nothing inside is Crosley, except cranks).

Best,

David Lambert

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Tim Hamblen

Can't tell from their pictures. I believe a forged crank has machined throws and a taper at the front main to the snout. CXan't tell if there is a taper and the throws if machined have rusted a lot.

Tim Hamblen

After a closer look I see casting gate marks on the throws. It's a cast crank.Lots of people trying to sell Crosley stuff for a war pension because they think they are rare. He's asking forged crank dollars for a crank worth maybe $10