Topics

STD Piston Size

nobadrivers

Can anyone tell me what the size of the standard size piston is for the 1947 cast iron block engine?

Butch

The cylinder bore is 2.500, the piston is approximately 2.496 or 2.497, at this moment, I neither recall nor have a reference.

Butch

On 2/20/2020 8:18 AM, nobadrivers wrote:
Can anyone tell me what the size of the standard size piston is for the 1947 cast iron block engine?

nobadrivers

Thank you Butch!

Mike S

Were there any cast iron blocks in '47?

L.E. Hardee

Ciba retrofits for leaking Cobras.  I believe pistons were the same size though.

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 12:54 PM Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:
Were there any cast iron blocks in '47?

Butch

No, those were the COBRA (tin) blocks. Same bore though, although some of those used shorter, 3 ring pistons.

Butch

On 2/20/2020 12:54 PM, Mike S wrote:
Were there any cast iron blocks in '47?

nobadrivers

This is the engine I have in my 1947 Sedan.  This is not the tin engine correct?  I need a upper compression piston ring and an exhaust valve just to get it going again.

Butch

Not a tin block (COBRA), but it is a cast block (CIBA). The rings and the valves remain the same.

Butch

On 2/20/2020 3:33 PM, nobadrivers wrote:
This is the engine I have in my 1947 Sedan.  This is not the tin engine correct?  I need a upper compression piston ring and an exhaust valve just to get it going again.

Barry Smedley

That is a cast iron block, not a tin. I like your car cover!

Barry Smedley

This is the engine I have in my 1947 Sedan.  This is not the tin engine correct?  I need a upper compression piston ring and an exhaust valve just to get it going again.

Attachments:

This message contains confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) named above. Any review, disclosure, distribution, copying or use of the information by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by immediate reply and delete the original message. (English) Ce message contient des informations confidentielles destinées uniquement à l'usage du(des) destinataire(s) nommé(s) ci-dessus. Toute consultation, distribution, copie et utilisation du contenu de ce message est strictement prohibée. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, SVP avisez l'expéditeur par réponse immédiate et effacez le message original. (French)