Topics

Speedometer, cluster guage trim ring removal and installation. Look for two more photos in next email.

crosleyshortsport

Use a large yet very flat or sharp blade screwdriver to carefully yet with plenty of pressure, twist screwdriver so you are prying every 1/16 of an inch. After about a half hour you should be able to pull rim off.

crosleyshortsport

After you have cleaned all the pieces, primed, repainted and installed new decals from Service Motors, wrap about 8 wraps of electrical tape around one jaw of your vise. Set the vise at about 1/8 of an inch. I had first used silicone clear adhesive caulk to install the bezel and then the glass. After they dry, carefully snap the chrome rim back on and roll it into the vise jaws with the nice side toward the tape. With plenty of down pressure, slowly roll the entire assembly around, adjust the vise as you go. You will see the rough edges you created when you pulled the rim become close and crimped to the housing. It will still look a little rough. Be sure it fits nicely into the dash. If not, roll on the vise jaws a bit more
       Jeffrey

On Mar 10, 2017 11:57 AM, "crosleyshortsport" <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:
Use a large yet very flat or sharp blade screwdriver to carefully yet with plenty of pressure, twist screwdriver so you are prying every 1/16 of an inch. After about a half hour you should be able to pull rim off.

crosleyshortsport

The final step is to put a new plastic "window" on the opening for the dash light. I used a strip if plastic cut from a bubble pack. I has bought a set of snap ring pliers and the heavy duty plastic it comes in is perfect. I silicone adhered it on and blue taped it for 24 hours.