Topics

Speaking of Wipers...

Mike S

The wiper arm on the passenger side of our car was very weak regarding the tension that holds the blade against the glass (in fact, it is floppy loose).  I purchased a new set of arms from Dave Edwards at the meet and after a few minutes of studying the way they mount (never been around this style before), was able to take the old one off and put the new one on.....however, the new one is just as loose as the old one, even though the spring is a little longer on the new one.  The drivers side appears to be assembled the same way, but it's tension is just fine.  What am I missing?

Spock Arnold

Did you try switching them from side to side.  Perhaps you have the angle wrong
On the other wiper motor.

On Jul 31, 2019 4:18 PM, Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:
The wiper arm on the passenger side of our car was very weak regarding the tension that holds the blade against the glass (in fact, it is floppy loose).  I purchased a new set of arms from Dave Edwards at the meet and after a few minutes of studying the way they mount (never been around this style before), was able to take the old one off and put the new one on.....however, the new one is just as loose as the old one, even though the spring is a little longer on the new one.  The drivers side appears to be assembled the same way, but it's tension is just fine.  What am I missing?

Mike S

Figured out the issue.  The little ferille at the end of the spring is too long and getting jammed in the outer cover when assembled, so the tension from the spring wasn't pushing on the shaft.  I filed the corners on the ferrile to make some more room & now the wiper blade has plenty of tension on the glass.
Mike S