Topics

Shout out to any carb experts here

Tim Hamblen

Is there a trick or tricksĀ  to making sure the idle tube and the lower needle actually line up ie: the tip of the needle actually goes into the end of the idle tube ? I got a new tube and it's dead straight but looking at it in the carb it's not really dead center in the opening at the bottom. If you were to miss the alignment by .010 or even less the taper on the needle will just push the tube over to one side. There's got to be a better way than putting it on the car AND then finding out it's wrong because it doesn't run right or at all.

Tim Hamblen

Tilly by the way.

Tim Hamblen

Or is the lower needle even supposed to go into the idle tube ?

Tim Hamblen

I think I have discovered something. It would appear the Main Nozzle Adjustment Orifice (T1 in the diagram) is missing. Are new ones available ? I'm not sure where I got this carb, but think it was on an engine I bought. Someone must have robbed it. Would a car even run w/o it ?