Topics

Selling My TQ Racer

SteveC

Hi Guys,
First off, I haven't been as active in the community as I intended to be. I also haven't been working on my '49 Hotshot like I thought I would be at this time.  I'm still here and eventually I'll get to where I'm going... Anyhoo, I've come to the conclusion that I need to "thin the herd" in order to move on with the projects I'm most interested in.  To that end I'm selling the Crosley powered TQ midget I bought with my father in 2008. My father raced TQ's from '61-'63 in New Jersey and on Long Island. I found this car in 2008 and shared it with him before his passing in 2014.

The car was driven by Dave Humphrey, one of the most successful and well regarded drivers of all time in New England racing history. Owned/built by Frank Lewis based in Rhode Island.  The car was run in the mid to late 1960's on narrow tires. It's current fat tire setup was my late father's idea...We last ran the car in October of 2014 and there's a short video here: <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pHlxMTxEfB0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Modified Crosley, Webber side-draft, quick-change rear end with variable gear sets and in/out box. Magneto ignition.
I haven't advertised it anywhere yet. I'm offering it here first. Asking $6,000.

Let me know if there's any interest.
All the best,
Steve