Topics

Selling my 48 wagon $6500

Tim Hamblen

I have decided to sell my 1948 CC Wagon. I don't need two station wagons and I just finished my 49 and am running out of room. I know for a fact I put no miles on it last year and only 20 miles the year before. That's the problem of having 6 of them, none get driven enough.The car has new interior, new tires, new clutch disc, rebuilt pressure plate, rebuilt carb,new exhaust,new battery etc etc etc. The paint job is old and came with the car when I got it, but is presentable for a driver.$6500 is the price. I am in Southern Indiana my email is flinttim at yahoo .com  There are pics of it on page 6 of the CC Photos here on this site plus these pics

Mike S

Tim,
What is the body work like underneath that beautiful red paint?  Can you tell how much work (if any) was done?
Mike S

Tim Hamblen

I cannot answer that Mike. It was painted when I got it.From what I could see the rockers are solid, the front fenders viewed  from inside showed no repairs.  Those are always the bad parts. The floor tubs are original and solid but the floor areas around them have been made new with sheet metal. All in all I believe it to be a solid car. Paint is just old and cracking in places.

Mike S

Tim, I sent you a note.  Will discuss with the wife tonight.

Tim Hamblen

Also has a new fuel pump. Has a Philco radio. It was sent down to Texas and repaired with some new tubes and buzz box. Last time I turned it on it worked, guess it still does. Luggage rack goes with car.

Tim Hamblen

.

Mike S

Tim, maybe this Thursday???  I'm in St. Louis all this weekend but I'm off next Thursday & Friday...I'll give you a call.
Mike S

Tim Hamblen

.

Bud Martin