Topics

Roundside Pickup Tailgate Chains

Steve Olinger

Hi,
       I've seen the subject come up a couple times but with no definite answers on roundside pickup tailgate chains. I know the pickup used the small rear bumpers (most of the time), with that being said did the original chains let the tailgate come all the way down to be level with the bed or just partly down?  Did the chains bolt to the body & tailgate and not to body and tailgate pin? What type of chain did they use?
Thanks & Stay Safe,
Steve

Jim Liberty

I'm restoring a '47 Pickup. I would like that input as well. I'm also putting a dual exhaust system on the truck. Luckily the body is off, or I'd never get in installed. Bought a bunch of 1-1/2" tail pipe and fabricated it myself.              ......................Jim.