Topics

Replacing gas tank

Andy Farley

I'm going to replace the gas tank in Baby Blue soon it's coming from Service Motors. The thing I'm wondering about is...... Is there any reason that I should replace the fuel lines when I do the gas tank?

Spock Arnold

It is a pretty simple step, and will save you from having to do it later.  Remember, that fuel line is the same age as the tank that you have decided to replace!

On Jan 9, 2021 4:11 PM, Andy Farley <farleya1@...> wrote:
I'm going to replace the gas tank in Baby Blue soon it's coming from Service Motors. The thing I'm wondering about is...... Is there any reason that I should replace the fuel lines when I do the gas tank?

Andy Farley

Actually the fuel lines are original. The gas tank that I'm replacing is a 5 gallon Gerry can that someone shoehorned underneath where the tank goes. They actually did a good job but it just ain't right. Anyway your advice is appreciated.

Jim Liberty

Andy, I always do, on my restorations. Cheap and easy.              .................Jim.