Topics

Replacing cardboards

Andy Drake

My roundside pickup has no cardboards installed around the radiator. Sure, I could just hack an old box apart and jam something in there (and the prior owner probably would have), but I picked up a set of premade correct ones at the Nationals this year. Can anyone give a rundown on the installation process? Looked in the manual and I'm not seeing where the whole thing is described.

Thanks!

crosleyshortsport

Andy, just pull both headlight buckets and install cardboards. I used small stainless screws and the flat stay nuts to secure them. Only takes three across the top of each cardboard, the headlight buckets hold them in, and they sit behind the radiator.

On Sat, Sep 1, 2018, 10:09 AM Andy Drake <drakeap@...> wrote:
My roundside pickup has no cardboards installed around the radiator. Sure, I could just hack an old box apart and jam something in there (and the prior owner probably would have), but I picked up a set of premade correct ones at the Nationals this year. Can anyone give a rundown on the installation process? Looked in the manual and I'm not seeing where the whole thing is described.

Thanks!

L.E. Hardee

Am I remembering correctly that the factory cardboards were held on by black upholstery buttons similar to that used on the interior cardboard panels?  The ones that had 2 spring wires retaining clips.