Topics

Rear Leaf Springs - Different from side to side?

Bruce Derenski

Hello, Crosley fans. I'm reassembling a 1952 CD Wagon for eventual conversion to electric drive. The good news: The body underside and frame are completed, and the rear leaf springs have been disassembled, cleaned, painted and reassembled. The bad news: I didn't mark which spring goes to which side. They both have the same number of leafs, but one of them appears to have thicker leafs than the other. Not all leafs, only 2, maybe three. Do the springs differ from side to side? I'm guessing that if they did, the stouter one would go under the driver's side, right?  I did not mix up the parts between the two spring packs. They are exactly as they came off the car (except way cleaner).

L.E. Hardee

Drivers side front springs sometimes had more leafs so I guess having thicker ones on rear springs is reasonable.