Topics

Rear axle seals

Mike S

I noticed a challenge in the 48 station wagon I just purchased.  I parked the car in a machine shed that is on a 8 degree slope and came out the next day to find a dribble of axle lube coming down the wheel.  Does this mean the axle was too full, or are the axle seals bad.....or both???

Butch

Probably both. Also check closely for cracks in the hub sleeve. Crosleys are too well known for that.

Butch