Topics

Radio front and knobs

Spock Arnold

I have someone with availability of a 3D printer and is willing to make the radio false fronts and knobs if there is someone out there that has examples to use for patterns.  Please contact me off board.  Thank you

Plandersen

I have a set of knobs.  So I could send them.  I just have an extra radio I thought someone might need.  Kent

On Sep 27, 2018, at 7:12 AM, Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj@...> wrote:

I have someone with availability of a 3D printer and is willing to make the radio false fronts and knobs if there is someone out there that has examples to use for patterns.  Please contact me off board.  Thank you

Spock Arnold

I am looking at whether or not he can use a real radio as a pattern.  He requested one of the fronts made in the past.   The knobs are a start . I will see if we can get a front complete first and get back in touch with you  if we need to go in that direction.

On Sep 27, 2018 10:15 AM, Plandersen <pkandersen@...> wrote:
I have a set of knobs.  So I could send them.  I just have an extra radio I thought someone might need.  Kent

On Sep 27, 2018, at 7:12 AM, Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj@...> wrote:

I have someone with availability of a 3D printer and is willing to make the radio false fronts and knobs if there is someone out there that has examples to use for patterns.  Please contact me off board.  Thank you

Plandersen

I have a complete front with the extra radio.  Kent

Kent Andersen, YVIAA District Director
PO Box 364
Royal City, WA  99357

Phone 509-346-1500
Fax 509-346-1540
Cell 509-760-5881
Email pkandersen@...

On Sep 27, 2018, at 7:21 AM, Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj@...> wrote:

I am looking at whether or not he can use a real radio as a pattern.  He requested one of the fronts made in the past.   The knobs are a start . I will see if we can get a front complete first and get back in touch with you  if we need to go in that direction.

On Sep 27, 2018 10:15 AM, Plandersen <pkandersen@...> wrote:
I have a set of knobs.  So I could send them.  I just have an extra radio I thought someone might need.  Kent

On Sep 27, 2018, at 7:12 AM, Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj@...> wrote:

I have someone with availability of a 3D printer and is willing to make the radio false fronts and knobs if there is someone out there that has examples to use for patterns.  Please contact me off board.  Thank you

Gabriel Haddad

I have been playing with the idea of 3d printing knobs too. The material won't hold up over time. Unless he has a different material, it's only designed for modeling. My uncle and I have been looking into options for for accurate repops. We should combine efforts.

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018, 10:27 AM Plandersen <pkandersen@...> wrote:
[...]

Kent,  again thank you for stepping up.  Just to be sure of what we want to borrow.  There were a bunch of "false " radio fronts manufactured a number of years back to fill the space in the dash and look like a radio for those that did not want to spend the money on a complete radio.  It is one of these fronts we would like to get our hands on for a pattern.  I have a complete radio (sans knobs)  .  If it is possible to recreate a front this way, we may try this.

On Sep 27, 2018 10:27 AM, Plandersen <pkandersen@...> wrote:
[...]

jane altman

Hey!  If this project ends up happening, my mechanic accidentally broke the left knob. I'd love to get another.  Also, let me know if you need my radio to help this progress.  Right now it is pulled and boxeb to be sent out for rehab

Spock Arnold

Ok.Jane we will keep you in mind.   Still don't have a front to use.  Thanks to Ken Cahill we got a set of knobs.  For now working from the radio I took out of one of my cars as a pattern

On Oct 7, 2018 7:59 PM, jane altman <bchjanead@...> wrote:
Hey!  If this project ends up happening, my mechanic accidentally broke the left knob. I'd love to get another.  Also, let me know if you need my radio to help this progress.  Right now it is pulled and boxeb to be sent out for rehab

Brian Dlapa

hey spock you never called me about the fake front I have