Topics

radio antenna wire

Mike S

I am in need of the cable that goes between the antenna and the radio in our 48 wagon.  Anyone have a broken antenna laying around that they would sell the cable off of?
thanks,
Mike S

crosleyshortsport

I may be wrong, though I believe you can use a new cable from a new antenna

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019, 1:14 PM Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:
I am in need of the cable that goes between the antenna and the radio in our 48 wagon.  Anyone have a broken antenna laying around that they would sell the cable off of?
thanks,
Mike S

Saltsgaver, Mike

I already have a nice antenna….just no cable.  I thought I’d ask around before buying a whole new set up.

Mike S

Hella Electronics Corporation, 43811 Plymouth Oaks Blvd., 48170, Plymouth Michigan
This document is to be treated confidentially. Its contents are not to be passed on, duplicated, exploited or disclosed without our express permission. All rights reserved, especially the right to apply for protective rights.

Andy Farley

Ditto. I also need an antenna cable. I also have a good antenna but no cable. Does anyone know where we can get just the cable?

Andy Farley

We can't be the only people who need just the antenna cable. Is there anything Service Motors can do for us?

olinger@...

On the modern twin post antenna there is a couple different size studs they thread on. Try to check the thread size as I may have a couple.
Steve

Jerry and Kathy

You might give Bill a call. He rebuilds radios and might be a good resource

https://www.billtheradioguy.com/

Mike S

The outer portion is 1/2" diameter with fine threads.  The little post inside measures .095".

olinger@...

I believe what I have will work. Send a email to olinger@...

Jim Bollman

Mike, I have what is left of an original antenna from a 51 Crosley and one of the newer ones that people have been using as a replacement for the last 40 years or so. Yours looks like the replacement type and you shouldn't have any trouble finding a replacement cable. The original has the same diameter fitting but slightly course thread and instead of male connector on the antenna it is a female.

Jim...

On Jul 30, 2019, at 2:30 PM, Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:

The outer portion is 1/2" diameter with fine threads.  The little post inside measures .095".  <antenna.jpg>

dale@servicemotors.net

We here at service motors don't have just the cable but we do have a complete new antenna!!