Topics

Radio

Mike Mayberry

I have four crosleys 3 cc's and one CD. None of them have radios . Were they uncommon in the cars or am I just unlucky in my car purchases over the years. If some one has a nice radio I would also be interested in purchasing one.

Mike Mayberry
Mikemayberry75@...
951-852-5536

L.E. Hardee

You got to remember that radios weren't installed in all cars back in the 40's.  Most of the time they were a dealer option.  Crosleys were the lowest cost cars sold so they would be more likely to be purchased by someone counting their pennies and the least likely to pay extra for a radio.  Neither my mother's 1952 Super sedan nor my first car, a 1952 wagon, even had heaters much less radios, and this was North Carolina where it does get cold in the winter.  I remember keeping a stack of napkins from the burger place to wipe the frost off the inside of the windshield.  This was in 1965 when the car was 13 years old that it never had an heater.  I spent $15 of my Summer work while in high school to buy a Crosley heater, new in the box, from the Crosley dealer in town who was still open.  When he passed away in 1972, I bought all his stock and 2 Crosley cars at his estate sale.  One was a 1948 wagon that still has only 5,000 miles on it.

On Sat, Jun 9, 2018 at 11:44 AM, Mike Mayberry <mikemayberry75@...> wrote:
I have four crosleys 3 cc's and one CD. None of them have radios . Were they uncommon in the cars or am I just unlucky in my car purchases over the years. If some one has a nice radio I would also be interested in purchasing one.

Mike Mayberry
Mikemayberry75@...
951-852-5536

Spock Arnold

Mike there will be one in the silent auction at Wauseon!!

On Jun 9, 2018 11:44 AM, Mike Mayberry <mikemayberry75@...> wrote:
I have four crosleys 3 cc's and one CD. None of them have radios . Were they uncommon in the cars or am I just unlucky in my car purchases over the years. If some one has a nice radio I would also be interested in purchasing one.

Mike Mayberry
Mikemayberry75@...
951-852-5536

Mike Mayberry

I will be in wauseon this year with my Dad! It's a long way from California  and it will be our first time!!! I hope I win the Radio at auction.

Richard Williams

Crosley car radios are scarce. If you find one they are not cheap.

On ‎Saturday‎, ‎June‎ ‎09‎, ‎2018‎ ‎09‎:‎08‎:‎52‎ ‎AM, Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj@...> wrote:

Mike there will be one in the silent auction at Wauseon!!

On Jun 9, 2018 11:44 AM, Mike Mayberry <mikemayberry75@...> wrote:
I have four crosleys 3 cc's and one CD. None of them have radios . Were they uncommon in the cars or am I just unlucky in my car purchases over the years. If some one has a nice radio I would also be interested in purchasing one.

Mike Mayberry
Mikemayberry75@...
951-852-5536

Spock Arnold

Good luck, I know there will be a heater, a transmission and a bunch of dishwasher playes also