Topics

Pulley.

Rick Geithmann

Hi Don.

Didn't think about the brake , but I did try the car in gear , just moved the car.

Just finished removing the pulley. Had my wife put on the brake and used a small puller for faucet handles to remove the pulley. Worked like a charm.

Thanks much. Now time to order more parts!
Rick

dalef62

Just remember that that pulley is the adjustment for the tower shaft gear.  Was it a bolt or a nut that was holding the pulley on?

David Reina

Hi Rick,

Sorry to hear that happened to you and I feel the pain.  I had a fan let go when driving my Super Sport on the NJ Turnpike.  It also took out my radiator.  Fortunately I had AAA plus and they flat bedded my son and I almost 90 miles back to Brooklyn.  I’ve since switched to an electric fan on that car.

Dave Reina
Brooklyn, NY

crosleyshortsport

I would try to bend that pulley back into shape