Prewar battery hold down

James Dlapa

Hey all, I am wondering if anyone might have an original battery hold down for a prewar they would be willing to take some pictures of with measurements. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank in advance for your help.

I believe I have one. I am not sure if it is or inhuman or not. I’m not at home right now, but will take a pic and post it here when I get home.

On Sep 11, 2021, at 6:53 PM, James Dlapa <crosley1980@...> wrote:

Hey all, I am wondering if anyone might have an original battery hold down for a prewar they would be willing to take some pictures of with measurements. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank in advance for your help.

James Dlapa

Thank you Tim, much appreciated.

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 4:14 PM Tim King <lking124@...> wrote:
I believe I have one. I am not sure if it is or inhuman or not. I’m not at home right now, but will take a pic and post it here when I get home.

On Sep 11, 2021, at 6:53 PM, James Dlapa <crosley1980@...> wrote:

Hey all, I am wondering if anyone might have an original battery hold down for a prewar they would be willing to take some pictures of with measurements. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank in advance for your help.

Here is the pic I have of it on my phone. I’ll get a better one when I get home for you.

On Sep 11, 2021, at 6:53 PM, James Dlapa <crosley1980@...> wrote:

Hey all, I am wondering if anyone might have an original battery hold down for a prewar they would be willing to take some pictures of with measurements. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank in advance for your help.

I meant I was not sure if it was original or not sorry. I hate auto correct…

On Sep 11, 2021, at 7:16 PM, James Dlapa <crosley1980@...> wrote:

Thank you Tim, much appreciated.

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 4:14 PM Tim King <lking124@...> wrote:
I believe I have one. I am not sure if it is or inhuman or not. I’m not at home right now, but will take a pic and post it here when I get home.

On Sep 11, 2021, at 6:53 PM, James Dlapa <crosley1980@...> wrote:

Hey all, I am wondering if anyone might have an original battery hold down for a prewar they would be willing to take some pictures of with measurements. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank in advance for your help.

dale@servicemotors.net

Service motors has new ones

On Sep 11, 2021, at 4:16 PM, James Dlapa <crosley1980@...> wrote:

Thank you Tim, much appreciated.

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 4:14 PM Tim King <lking124@...> wrote:
I believe I have one. I am not sure if it is or inhuman or not. I’m not at home right now, but will take a pic and post it here when I get home.

On Sep 11, 2021, at 6:53 PM, James Dlapa <crosley1980@...> wrote:

Hey all, I am wondering if anyone might have an original battery hold down for a prewar they would be willing to take some pictures of with measurements. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank in advance for your help.

James Dlapa

It very well could be, I’ve seen other prewars with that hold down in it. Mine is missing and want as close to original as possible. Here is a pic of the engine bay so far. Just put the body back on not too long ago. Is it about a 3/4” lip on it?

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 4:20 PM Tim King <lking124@...> wrote:
I meant I was not sure if it was original or not sorry. I hate auto correct…

On Sep 11, 2021, at 7:16 PM, James Dlapa <crosley1980@...> wrote:

Thank you Tim, much appreciated.

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 4:14 PM Tim King <lking124@...> wrote:
I believe I have one. I am not sure if it is or inhuman or not. I’m not at home right now, but will take a pic and post it here when I get home.

On Sep 11, 2021, at 6:53 PM, James Dlapa <crosley1980@...> wrote:

Hey all, I am wondering if anyone might have an original battery hold down for a prewar they would be willing to take some pictures of with measurements. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank in advance for your help.

James Dlapa

Dale for pre-war?

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 4:23 PM dale@... <Dale@...> wrote:
Service motors has new ones

On Sep 11, 2021, at 4:16 PM, James Dlapa <crosley1980@...> wrote:

Thank you Tim, much appreciated.

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 4:14 PM Tim King <lking124@...> wrote:
I believe I have one. I am not sure if it is or inhuman or not. I’m not at home right now, but will take a pic and post it here when I get home.

On Sep 11, 2021, at 6:53 PM, James Dlapa <crosley1980@...> wrote:

Hey all, I am wondering if anyone might have an original battery hold down for a prewar they would be willing to take some pictures of with measurements. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank in advance for your help.

That looks great. Is that Washington blue? It appears to be the same color mine was originally, and the color I’m looking to bring it back to. That is a beautiful pre war!

On Sep 11, 2021, at 7:23 PM, James Dlapa <crosley1980@...> wrote:

[...]

Attachments:

James Dlapa

It’s close to the original color, it’s Volvo 604 ( midnight blue) it was a close match to the chip I took to that paint store.

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 4:30 PM Tim King <lking124@...> wrote:
[...]

Jim Bollman

Here is one that was at Wauseon a few years back, can’t swear it is original but photos of several others that were not as good looked similar.

On Sep 11, 2021, at 7:23 PM, James Dlapa <crosley1980@...> wrote:

It very well could be, I’ve seen other prewars with that hold down in it. Mine is missing and want as close to original as possible. Here is a pic of the engine bay so far. Just put the body back on not too long ago. Is it about a 3/4” lip on it?
<image_67195649.JPG>

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 4:20 PM Tim King <lking124@...> wrote:
I meant I was not sure if it was original or not sorry. I hate auto correct…

On Sep 11, 2021, at 7:16 PM, James Dlapa <crosley1980@...> wrote:

Thank you Tim, much appreciated.

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 4:14 PM Tim King <lking124@...> wrote:
I believe I have one. I am not sure if it is or inhuman or not. I’m not at home right now, but will take a pic and post it here when I get home.

On Sep 11, 2021, at 6:53 PM, James Dlapa <crosley1980@...> wrote:

Hey all, I am wondering if anyone might have an original battery hold down for a prewar they would be willing to take some pictures of with measurements. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank in advance for your help.

Kenn Cahill

All of the vendors have exact reproduction prewar battery hold down brackets with the correct hardware.

James Dlapa

Thank you Jim/ Kenn.

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 6:57 PM Kenn Cahill <drkenncahill@...> wrote:
All of the vendors have exact reproduction prewar battery hold down brackets with the correct hardware.

Just as an aside, is there a place we can go to see everything our vendors sell? The listings online lean heavily towards postwar Crosley’s and I often hear about stuff that I didn’t know they sold from other members here on this forum. I just wanted to be sure I was not missing a link or website that lists everything. Thanks!

On Sep 11, 2021, at 9:57 PM, Kenn Cahill <drkenncahill@gmail.com> wrote:

All of the vendors have exact reproduction prewar battery hold down brackets with the correct hardware.

Here are some better pics as promised now that I am back home. Hope they are helpful.
-Tim

[...]

Thank you Tim, would you take a close up of the clip on the hold down? I believe this is for the hood prop.

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 7:26 PM Tim King <lking124@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi James, I’m sorry I didn’t see this email until today. I am out on the road right now, but I will get a picture that is close-up of that clip when I get back in for you.

On Sep 11, 2021, at 10:30 PM, James Dlapa <crosley1980@...> wrote:

[...]

ROBERT BAKER

Kenn Cahill make exact reproductions of the prewar battery hold downs. The clip on the side is for holding the hood support rod when the hood is down.

Hi James,
     Here of the  closeups of the latch for the hood prop rod on the battery hood down. Hope they are helpful!

On Sep 13, 2021, at 6:29 PM, Tim King <lking124@...> wrote:

[...]

Thank you Tim, for the images . This is a great help.