Photos on Yahoo! Groups / Ebay

"nerner333" <briandavonne@...>

I am having difficulty uploading photos to Ebay. I have an option to
choose another URL to link the photos.

My question: Is the "Photo" link on the Crosley_Gang group for just
members, or can anyone view them? If you don't need to be a member, I
would like to link my truck auction to a folder with my photos in it.
Is this proper?

Brian

Jim Bollman <Jim@...>

Two problems. You loaded 15 photos of your pickup 100-230 kbytes each that uses almost 10 percent of our total space allocation for one vehicle. For the size images you uploaded they can be compressed to around 25-30 Kbytes each and still view fine.

There are other photo sites that you can use for eBay auctions. My opinion is that our site should not be used for eBay auction pictures. I seem to remember Yahoo not allowing it but I couldn't find the rule. Currently I believe I have photo viewing open to anyone, this can change if necessary.

Anyone else have an opinion on using club space for eBay auction photos?

In the mean time please compress your photos more and reduce the total number of shots of the same vehicle to maybe 6 or so please.

Jim...

I am having difficulty uploading photos to Ebay. I have an option to
choose another URL to link the photos.

My question: Is the "Photo" link on the Crosley_Gang group for just
members, or can anyone view them? If you don't need to be a member, I
would like to link my truck auction to a folder with my photos in it.
Is this proper?

Brian

Jim Bollman <Jim@...>

If you were not going to wait for an answer why did you ask if it was OK.

Jim...

"Crosley_AZ" <crosley_az@...>

FWIW.......I do not think this site should be used for the ebay
auction site photo posting. 1 or 2 photos at most of a workable size
at most if such useage is allowed.

Links to photos on yahoo/geocities did not work in the past, has that
changed?

This is how computer newbies learn though. been there myself.

Tony

--- In Crosley_Gang@y..., Jim Bollman <Jim@B...> wrote:

[...]

Jim:
Sorry for what appears inconsiderate on my part. The Ebay method of
uploading additional photos was not working.
Because of my schedule I was under a self imposed deadline. I solved
my problem by using Pongo hosting.

After posting this message I will be dumping the excessive photos.

Brian