Pepco Supercharger Orientation on Engine

jeff

I have a Faegeol 44 in my Hotshot and want to install a Pepco Supercharger on this engine.  Looking at the front of my engine it has clockwise rotation when running.  However,  the Pepco Supercharger I purchased has a counterclockwise rotation in order to work properly.   Am I missing something?  Are there two kinds of Pepco superchargers, made for different rotations?

Thanks, Jeff

jeff

Never mind my question below.  I watched an animated video and discovered that the lobes compress the gas mixture against the walls of the supercharger.  So my supercharger should work fine with clockwise engine rotation.
Thanks
Jeff

Sent from my jPad

On Aug 17, 2020, at 11:37 AM, jeff <jeffalyon@...> wrote:

I have a Faegeol 44 in my Hotshot and want to install a Pepco Supercharger on this engine.  Looking at the front of my engine it has clockwise rotation when running.  However,  the Pepco Supercharger I purchased has a counterclockwise rotation in order to work properly.   Am I missing something?  Are there two kinds of Pepco superchargers, made for different rotations?

Thanks, Jeff

jeff

Oops!  Silly me.  I watched an animated video illustrating the operation of this type supercharger,  and it operates by compressing the gas mixture against the walls of the supercharger.  I thought it compressed the gas mixture in the inside of the lobes.
So based on the video, the Pepco supercharger will work properly with the clockwise rotation of the engine.
I will let you know how it works out.
Thanks
Jeff

Dan Mullin

Curious Jeff....I also have a Pepco supercharger!  What are they worth?
Dan M

On Aug 17, 2020, at 1:04 PM, jeff <jeffalyon@...> wrote:

Oops!  Silly me.  I watched an animated video illustrating the operation of this type supercharger,  and it operates by compressing the gas mixture against the walls of the supercharger.  I thought it compressed the gas mixture in the inside of the lobes.
So based on the video, the Pepco supercharger will work properly with the clockwise rotation of the engine.
I will let you know how it works out.
Thanks
Jeff

jeff

Dan, I guess it depends on the condition,  and what kind of parts come with the supercharger (intake manifold,  intake port, exhaust port, pulleys)
Anywhere from hundreds of dollars to thousands.
Can you send me a photo?
Jeff

jeffalyon@...

Sent from my jphone

Curious Jeff....I also have a Pepco supercharger!  What are they worth?
Dan M

On Aug 17, 2020, at 1:04 PM, jeff <jeffalyon@...> wrote:

Oops!  Silly me.  I watched an animated video illustrating the operation of this type supercharger,  and it operates by compressing the gas mixture against the walls of the supercharger.  I thought it compressed the gas mixture in the inside of the lobes.
So based on the video, the Pepco supercharger will work properly with the clockwise rotation of the engine.
I will let you know how it works out.
Thanks
Jeff

Dan Mullin

Its buried inthe garage... make take awhile. Complete blower, extra case.  Had home made manifold... I tossed it.  Had a Weber downdraft carb on it and mickey mouse pulleys.

On Aug 17, 2020, at 1:20 PM, jeff <jeffalyon@...> wrote:

[...]

dave p

@jeff        Hi Jeff,  I have a Pepco  here at the shop, for a Crosley.  If you rotate the blower clockwise,  it should be obvious if air is exiting from the manifold, or the carburetor.  If it's coming from the carb,  the manifolds can be swapped to correct that. Everything else remains the same.

Call me if you still have questions

Dave Perry

    OldSchool Restorations of North Alabama USA              cell    256.507.3328                   8am - 8 pm central time

                   see...............   http://www.forgottenfiberglass.com/about-us/dave-perry-school-restorations/

                                                                   www.race-cardrivers.com/shop.htm