Topics

Packard Club Crosley Presentation - April 1

Steve

Last Monday Crosley people attended the monthly meeting of the Packards of Chicagoland.  John Maxson had graciously extended the invitation to join their dinner meeting and listen to his presentation on Crosley – The Man, The Magic, and the Machines.  On Saturday, Bill Mitchell called me to ask if I had any pictures of Crosleys.  After 25 years of photographing every car at Wauseon ….. uh,yes, I have pictures.  On Sunday night, John Maxson called and asked if I had my presentation ready.  The result was a 29 slide presentation from the CRAD to the Bug.  We highlighted every year of production, nearly every model, all the prototypes, the H-MODs, the fiberglass special bodies, ice cream trucks, and firetrucks  I took along a tin block to pass around and had my 52 Wagon on the trailer in the parking lot.

Dennis Terdy, Roger and Dorothy Yeager, our Q Editor Joyce and husband Scot Morgan, Bill Mitchell, myself, and one more Crosley owner (whose name I didn’t catch) had a great time meeting with the Packard Club and listening to John speak about Powel Crosley Jr., his life, his personal vehicles, planes, and boats, and his many business ventures.  Then it was my turn.

I guess it went well.  The next day, John called to thank me and asked if I would like to do it again.

Thank you to the Packard Club, we enjoyed ourselves.  Many thanks to the Crosley members who have let me take their pictures over the years.  Thank you Dennis, Roger, Dorothy, Joyce, Scot, and Bill for your support and representation of the club.

-Steve M.

crosleyshortsport

Sounds like a good time Steve.