Topics

Oil pressure

Steve Perry

Hello All..
I started the car briefly on some starting fluid just to see if it would go. I will rig up a fuel supply tomorrow. I wanted to know if anyone has hooked up an oil pressure sender into the crankcase or if I need to use the type gauge with the oil line?
Im just hooking up something that I can read while I start and run the engine temporarily. The car will require a new wiring harness before I’m able to hook everything up normally.
Thanks,
Steve

Butch

Either, a mechanical or electric gauge will work. Finding a 6 volt electric gauge, in stock locally, might be a challenge. Any mechanical gauge will work, it is not voltage or vehicle specific.

Butch

On 4/15/2020 8:13 PM, Steve Perry wrote:
Hello All..
I started the car briefly on some starting fluid just to see if it would go. I will rig up a fuel supply tomorrow. I wanted to know if anyone has hooked up an oil pressure sender into the crankcase or if I need to use the type gauge with the oil line?
Im just hooking up something that I can read while I start and run the engine temporarily. The car will require a new wiring harness before I’m able to hook everything up normally.
Thanks,
Steve
_._,_._,

Steve Perry