Topics

Oil out the exhaust pipe

OLDMACK50@...

Would stuck rings cause a lot of blue smoke and oil to come out the exhaust pipe and if I race the engine I get more smoke and oil to come out.

Thanks Jim S

PATRICIA GRITTI

  Hi

  Don't have a cure for your oil challenge. Just remembering in the past had a Crosley engine that ran fine. When I took the engine apart the rings were broken into dozens of pieces! Rings may not be the cause.

  Don

On March 19, 2017 at 4:04 PM OLDMACK50@... wrote:

Would stuck rings cause a lot of blue smoke and oil to come out the exhaust pipe and if I race the engine I get more smoke and oil to come out.

Thanks Jim S

On March 19, 2017 at 4:04 PM OLDMACK50@... wrote:

Would stuck rings cause a lot of blue smoke and oil to come out the exhaust pipe and if I race the engine I get more smoke and oil to come out.

Thanks Jim S

crosleyshortsport

It might be too simple, make sure you do not have too much oil in the crank case. Two quarts only !

On Mar 20, 2017 8:12 AM, "PATRICIA GRITTI" <donald-gritti@...> wrote:

  Hi

  Don't have a cure for your oil challenge. Just remembering in the past had a Crosley engine that ran fine. When I took the engine apart the rings were broken into dozens of pieces! Rings may not be the cause.

  Don

On March 19, 2017 at 4:04 PM OLDMACK50@... wrote:

Would stuck rings cause a lot of blue smoke and oil to come out the exhaust pipe and if I race the engine I get more smoke and oil to come out.

Thanks Jim S

Jim Bollman

Besides rings it may be the valve stem seals. If it is stem seals the smoke usually partially clears up after the engine runs for a short time. If it is just stuck rings and not worn or broke rings running some Marvel mystery oil or Sea Foam mixed with the gas might loosen the rings up.

Jim...

On Mar 19, 2017, at 4:04 PM, OLDMACK50@... wrote:

Would stuck rings cause a lot of blue smoke and oil to come out the exhaust pipe and if I race the engine I get more smoke and oil to come out.

Thanks Jim S

On Mar 19, 2017, at 4:04 PM, OLDMACK50@... wrote:

Would stuck rings cause a lot of blue smoke and oil to come out the exhaust pipe and if I race the engine I get more smoke and oil to come out.

Thanks Jim S

OLDMACK50@...

I have all ready put Sea Foam in the oil and gas and it has the right amount of oil in it so far no change. The sad part is the engine runs great starts easy.I was hoping they would free up cause the car was stored for a while. I guess it is time to get price on a rebuild.

Tim Hamblen

Pour the Seafoam down the carb as it is running. Putting it in gas and oil will not unstick it. Have you ran a compression check ?

Bruce Redford <bdredford@...>

I used Marvel Mystery to un-stick rings brought engine with 0 compression to over 90 lbs per cly. Took a while sitting .

On Monday, March 20, 2017 4:27 PM, Tim Hamblen via Groups.Io <flinttim@...> wrote:

Pour the Seafoam down the carb as it is running. Putting it in gas and oil will not unstick it. Have you ran a compression check ?

Tim Hamblen

ATF works good to