oil

"hoosiercrosley" <BSmedleyt@...>

Hi. I've got a oil leaking problem. Maybe somebody could help me
with. After I drive for a while, the area where the block bolts to
the crankcase, ther is oil standing. It has a new oil line, rear
seal, ( but it still leaks.) and front seal. The valve cover dosen't
leak also. Has anybody got any ideas????

Thanks, Barry Smedley

"bltlar" <bltlar@...>

Is there supposed to be a gasket between the block and the
bellhousing?? When tearing last engine apart, noticed something in
this area, like a gasket. Thank youse guys!!! Larry

"rwright24127" <R.Wright@...>

--- In Crosley_Gang@y..., "hoosiercrosley" <BSmedleyt@L...> wrote:
Hi. I've got a oil leaking problem. Maybe somebody could help me
with. After I drive for a while, the area where the block bolts to
the crankcase, ther is oil standing. It has a new oil line, rear
seal, ( but it still leaks.) and front seal. The valve cover dosen't
leak also. Has anybody got any ideas????

Thanks, Barry Smedley

I would say its the rear seal, if I have read your message right. The
older Ford FE engines, 352, 360, 390, 428, Did the same thing after
replacing the rear seal. The area around the seal gets worn and when
you put in a new seal it doesn't fit as well. Another thought is that,
if you have the old starter that you add oil too, you could be adding
too much oil. Ron

Doug E Arthur <drphartz@...>

Hi Barry, Art here. I also have a "HoosierCrosley" and mine was leaking
from the oil line to the gadge and at the fuel pump. Going down to the
little trough's at the base of the cylinders and running out the front of
the engine. I'm cornfused though?? Is'nt the block and the crankcase the
same thing?? Hope this helps and where is this Hoosier Crosley from??

On Mon, 03 Jun 2002 13:10:08 -0000 "hoosiercrosley"
<BSmedleyt@...> writes:

Hi. I've got a oil leaking problem. Maybe somebody could help me
with. After I drive for a while, the area where the block bolts to
the crankcase, ther is oil standing. It has a new oil line, rear
seal, ( but it still leaks.) and front seal. The valve cover dosen't

leak also. Has anybody got any ideas????

Thanks, Barry Smedley

"Smedley, Barry" <BSmedleyt@...>

Thanks, Art I''ll take alook at that. I have noticed it looks like it has
been leaking around the fuel pump. I'm live in Borden, IN. Where are you
from?

Barry

<BSmedleyt@...> writes:
Hi. I've got a oil leaking problem. Maybe somebody could help me
with. After I drive for a while, the area where the block bolts to
the crankcase, ther is oil standing. It has a new oil line, rear
seal, ( but it still leaks.) and front seal. The valve cover dosen't

leak also. Has anybody got any ideas????

Thanks, Barry Smedley

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

"BUTCH WILLIAMS" <service-motors@...>

Hello Barry, If you think your getting oil leakage from the fuel pump area, it could either be the mounting gasket or inside the pump there is a rubber seal that fits around the diaphragm push rod and fits over a tubular section of the lower casting. This seals the crankcase section of the pump. We frequently find these to be bad. Butch