Not a Hotshot, But What?

Jim Bollman

A fellow sent an eMail describing a couple of Crosleys he bought. One was straight forward a modified Hotshot maybe a Super in rough condition. The other he though. was an early Hotshot but sounded a bit strange so I asked for pictures. It is build on a mechanical brake Crosley chassis but other than the dash the body is either homemade or transplanted from something else. The quality of the rear section looks beyond most homemade projects. Pictures from inside show the whole shell to be one piece, no visible weld seams. Unfortunately the front clip is missing but the people he bought it from are still looking around for it.

I told him I would post some pictures see if anyone recognizes what it was.

Any ideas????

Edited

modified CC?

On Thursday, September 30, 2021, 06:07:39 PM EDT, Jim Bollman <jim@...> wrote:

A fellow sent an eMail describing a couple of Crosleys he bought. One was straight forward a modified Hotshot maybe a Super in rough condition. The other he though. was an early Hotshot but sounded a bit strange so I asked for pictures. It is build on a mechanical brake Crosley chassis but other than the dash the body is either homemade or transplanted from something else. The quality of the rear section looks beyond most homemade projects. Pictures from inside show the whole shell to be one piece, no visible weld seams. Unfortunately the front clip is missing but the people he bought it from are still looking around for it.

I told him I would post some pictures see if anyone recognizes what it was.

Any ideas????

Jim...

Jim Liberty

I have no idea, but it is a cool start to something special.      .......Jim.

On Thu, Sep 30, 2021 at 3:07 PM Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:
A fellow sent an eMail describing a couple of Crosleys he bought. One was straight forward a modified Hotshot maybe a Super in rough condition. The other he though. was an early Hotshot but sounded a bit strange so I asked for pictures. It is build on a mechanical brake Crosley chassis but other than the dash the body is either homemade or transplanted from something else. The quality of the rear section looks beyond most homemade projects. Pictures from inside show the whole shell to be one piece, no visible weld seams. Unfortunately the front clip is missing but the people he bought it from are still looking around for it.

I told him I would post some pictures see if anyone recognizes what it was.

Any ideas????

Jim...

Attachments:

Jim Bollman

If a modified CC they went to a lot of trouble grinding and filling the welded seams inside the shell. I didn’t post that photo because it was hard to figure out what you were even looking at.

On Sep 30, 2021, at 6:14 PM, Spock Arnold via groups.io <tmkldwwj@...> wrote:

modified CC?

On Thursday, September 30, 2021, 06:07:39 PM EDT, Jim Bollman <jim@...> wrote:

A fellow sent an eMail describing a couple of Crosleys he bought. One was straight forward a modified Hotshot maybe a Super in rough condition. The other he though. was an early Hotshot but sounded a bit strange so I asked for pictures. It is build on a mechanical brake Crosley chassis but other than the dash the body is either homemade or transplanted from something else. The quality of the rear section looks beyond most homemade projects. Pictures from inside show the whole shell to be one piece, no visible weld seams. Unfortunately the front clip is missing but the people he bought it from are still looking around for it.<EngineCmp.jpeg><Rear.jpeg><Side-2.jpeg><Side.jpeg>

I told him I would post some pictures see if anyone recognizes what it was.

Any ideas????

Jim...
<EngineCmp.jpeg><Rear.jpeg><Side-2.jpeg><Side.jpeg>

Madeline Kay Putney

My opinion is the guy started with a 1951 Hot Shot.

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Thursday, September 30, 2021, 6:26 PM, Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:

[...]

whistler@...

It's not on a  VC frame.

Madeline Kay Putney

I believe the front part of the frame is extended because of the distance from the back of the engine to the modified firewall.

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Friday, October 1, 2021, 2:17 AM, whistler@... wrote:

It's not on a  VC frame.

whistler@...

Not a VC Hot Shot or Super Sport dash either.

Madeline Kay Putney

The dash is exactly like my, “never modified,” 1951 VC Super-sport down to and including the factory cut opening for the radio.

On Friday, October 1, 2021, 4:10 PM, whistler@... wrote:

Not a VC Hot Shot or Super Sport dash either.

Kenn Cahill

Could the rear body have been made out of the roof from a CC coupe?
The dashboard came from a CC or early CD model. The Cowl probably came from that also. The side body panels could have been cut from sheet metal.