New Driver

Jim Liberty

I am new to the cars, and just got my Hotshot on the road. Is it possible to master the gear box, or does everyone just grind gears like I do? Double clutching does no better.                .................Jim.

It just takes some getting used to. I drive tractor trailers for a living, and double clutch every day, and it still takes time to figure out. I still don’t get it right every time. Seems to me that a Crosley just won’t be rushed. You really have to take your time through the gears…😂😂😂

On Jun 20, 2021, at 2:52 PM, Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:

I am new to the cars, and just got my Hotshot on the road. Is it possible to master the gear box, or does everyone just grind gears like I do? Double clutching does no better.                .................Jim.

Jim Liberty

Thanks for the reply Tim. It is driving in its purest form. I like that.    ......Jim.

On Sun, Jun 20, 2021 at 11:55 AM Tim King <lking124@...> wrote:
It just takes some getting used to. I drive tractor trailers for a living, and double clutch every day, and it still takes time to figure out. I still don’t get it right every time. Seems to me that a Crosley just won’t be rushed. You really have to take your time through the gears…😂😂😂

On Jun 20, 2021, at 2:52 PM, Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:

I am new to the cars, and just got my Hotshot on the road. Is it possible to master the gear box, or does everyone just grind gears like I do? Double clutching does no better.                .................Jim.

Jim Bollman

Here is a video our Vice President put together last year. It is good for up shifting, I tried to talk him into doing one on downshifting too but not sure he has mastered that. When I drive a Crosley a lot I get so I can go up and down with minimal grind upshifting new 100% and 90% of the time down but if I don’t drive it a lot I loose my ability pretty quick and it is more like 75% up and 50% down.

Jim...

On Jun 20, 2021, at 2:48 PM, Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:

I am new to the cars, and just got my Hotshot on the road. Is it possible to master the gear box, or does everyone just grind gears like I do? Double clutching does no better.                .................Jim.

I thought I saw one of him showing how to downshift too. Maybe not though…

On Jun 20, 2021, at 3:06 PM, Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:

Here is a video our Vice President put together last year. It is good for up shifting, I tried to talk him into doing one on downshifting too but not sure he has mastered that. When I drive a Crosley a lot I get so I can go up and down with minimal grind upshifting new 100% and 90% of the time down but if I don’t drive it a lot I loose my ability pretty quick and it is more like 75% up and 50% down.

Jim...

On Jun 20, 2021, at 2:48 PM, Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:

I am new to the cars, and just got my Hotshot on the road. Is it possible to master the gear box, or does everyone just grind gears like I do? Double clutching does no better.                .................Jim.

Terrance Robinson

There's a great video on double clutching in last years Virtual Crosley Nationals show

--
Hurt not the Earth neither the Sea. Nor the Trees.                         Revelation 7:3
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."

Jim Liberty

This was great guys. I was not doing it correctly. And, I do well with pictures.     Thanks again, Jim.

On Sun, Jun 20, 2021 at 12:26 PM Tim King <lking124@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Tim, the video is great.    ......Jim.

[...]

crosleyshortsport

Check out the newest video on crosleyautomobles...funlittlecars facebook group site. I just reproduced it this past week. Look at my post by  Heather Ackerman as my daughter took the video.