Topics

New Crosley of the Month

Looks kind of "cool" out there in the snow !

On Thu, Jan 31, 2019, 11:00 PM Jim Bollman <Jim@... wrote:
Stay Warm
http://crosleyautoclub.com/index.html

A50CROSLEYTRK@...

I remember Dad talking of putting on watch chains on the 49 sadan.

In a message dated 1/31/2019 11:00:49 PM Eastern Standard Time, Jim@... writes:

christopher cochrane

Love seeing this car on the road

On Jan 31, 2019, at 8:14 PM, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:

Looks kind of "cool" out there in the snow !

On Thu, Jan 31, 2019, 11:00 PM Jim Bollman <Jim@... wrote:
Stay Warm
http://crosleyautoclub.com/index.html

seb fontana

More like "COOOOL" with no side windows!! He must be young....

Saltsgaver, Mike

Wow, I kinda like the looks of the “hardtop”….much more that that little window on a stock sedan.  I wonder if he has plans to flesh it out with the inner panels & glass.

Hella Electronics Corporation, 43811 Plymouth Oaks Blvd., 48170, Plymouth Michigan
This document is to be treated confidentially. Its contents are not to be passed on, duplicated, exploited or disclosed without our express permission. All rights reserved, especially the right to apply for protective rights.

Ron D.

The pictures almost look to be computer generated. When you compare the two pics, the sun shadows and the snow on the road doesn't really match, if the person took the photos in the same spot, just from different angles. Then, there is plenty of snow on the ground, but the unused hay wagon in the background has no snow piled on it. When you look at the taller trees lining the road, the branches are almost too perfect. Lastly, the small pine trees lining the road in one picture, with one at the back corner of the car, are not there in the other picture.
Now, the final observation. The dents and scratches on the back of the car, pretty much match exactly to the car pictured on page 1, photo 3 of the Friday 2018 Nationals show. This car is also missing the door and window frames, which should be there on a hard top sedan The only difference is, the cars are different colors. If the car had been painted at one time, the rust marks would not be there in both pictures. If I am wrong here, I'll take the heat, but this is just my observations.

Jim Bollman

I don't know if the owner will comment or not but here is my take. I did some color correction on the images because they were even bluer, so paint color can not be determined, I'm sure it is the same car as the one that was for sale at the Nationals last year. I think the photos were taken at to different spots on his drive, he probably took the first one than thought about that I like two photos for the Crosley of the Month and stopped to take another photo, probably on his way back since it looks like sun has flipped to the opposite end so different trees you are seeing are on the opposite side of the road. I also sharpen images I used on the club web page to make them pop a bit more when viewing on a computer screen. If it was generated on a computer a lot of work was done to little details like snow on the tires, tracks in the snow and the reflection in the hubcap on the rear tire in the second photo, to have miss the shadow direction and trees in the background. If it is fake it is very well done.

On Feb 2, 2019, at 8:54 AM, Ron Dole <rdole417@...> wrote:

[...]

Does it really matter? Still a cool couple pics..