Topics

New Club

"johnniemann1999" <johnniemann1999@...>

Jim I think your idea is a good one, made when I move from one
message to another I will not get advertising.
Good luck John Niemann

Don Tiana <dstiana@...>

I'd have to say at present the advertising doesn't seem to be
a bother to me, so I'd like to give our new site a little more time
to gel, but I certainly can appreciate the frustration and writing
about it helps (a little). What I find strange is that the other
"car and shop" Yahoo groups I belong to don't have the same
format as this new Crosley Club, they don't have the ads.

Don Tiana
Topanga Cyn. CA.

Jim Bollman <Jim@...>

Can you give me an example of a group without the ads? I belong to 20 groups and spot checked more than half of them and all had ads. I have nothing in my configuration that I can find to reduce or remove the ad presents. The Club boards, before they were switched to Groups, didn't have many ads, maybe that is what your remembering.

By the way I'm not making any changes to a paid Group right away if ever. I started looking into alternative sites when YaHoo lost our original club in conversion. All the free ones I have found were either limited in what they offered or had many of the same problems as YaHoo. If I go forward it will be with plenty of notice and some trial runs to see if that is the direction we want to go.

Jim...

What I find strange is that the other
"car and shop" Yahoo groups I belong to don't have the same
format as this new Crosley Club, they don't have the ads.

Don Tiana
Topanga Cyn. CA.

"lotuseleven" <dstiana@...>

Jim,
Oops!
I'm not sure but maybe I need to apologize. I belong to only
two other Yahoo groups (I thought it was more), Hmod and Lotus
-cars and since I get individual e-mails I don't see any ads
unless it's from our Crosley site. However, if I go to any of
my group sites, "all" have ads and I now believe that's what you
were referring to. Again, sorry about that.

Don Tiana
Topanga Cyn.CA.