Topics

National Meet Has Been Canceled for 2020

Jim Bollman

UPDATE : CROSLEY AUTOMOBILE CLUB NATIONAL MEET:
Please read entire post.
Today our club president, Board members, my co-chair and myself held a zoom meeting to decide on the status of the national meet in Wauseon, Ohio. After an hour and a half of listening to everyone and their ideas and concerns, we have unanimously decided to cancel our national meet for 2020. However, Please support and be a participant in our on line show. PRE-REGISTRATION is continuing , please send your $5 along with your information and the car you would like to show to Janyne Smith. YOU MUST BE A NATIONAL CLUB MEMBER to submit your photo entry and you must PRE-REGISTER for the show to be able to vote and receive the 2020 dash plaque. The on line show will still take place the second week of July. If you have already pre-registered and sent money for camping, banquet, or vending, it will be refunded to you. Our web master, Jim Bollman is working on the best way for you to submit your photo entries on line, and we are working on the best way to handle voting. All pre-registration packets will be mailed to you AND all trophies will be mailed after the votes are counted. We will update everyone soon, as to how the on line submissions and voting will work. I know that Jim will do an excellent job listing the show winners on our club web site and our club editors will do an excellent job with these submissions in the Fall quarterly. Even through these troubled times "The Vision Continues" now and into the future as our younger members continue to show interest in working on and driving our beloved Crosleys.
Respectfully,
Jeffrey Ackerman
Chairman of the meet

Brian Dlapa

i will miss seeing all of you i give all of you credit for the tough decision you all had to make stay healthy see you in 2021

On Saturday, May 30, 2020, 06:22:18 PM CDT, Jim Bollman <jim@...> wrote:

Please read entire post.
Today our club president, Board members, my co-chair and myself held a zoom meeting to decide on the status of the national meet in Wauseon, Ohio. After an hour and a half of listening to everyone and their ideas and concerns, we have unanimously decided to cancel our national meet for 2020. However, Please support and be a participant in our on line show. PRE-REGISTRATION is continuing , please send your $5 along with your information and the car you would like to show to Janyne Smith. YOU MUST BE A NATIONAL CLUB MEMBER to submit your photo entry and you must PRE-REGISTER for the show to be able to vote and receive the 2020 dash plaque. The on line show will still take place the second week of July. If you have already pre-registered and sent money for camping, banquet, or vending, it will be refunded to you. Our web master, Jim Bollman is working on the best way for you to submit your photo entries on line, and we are working on the best way to handle voting. All pre-registration packets will be mailed to you AND all trophies will be mailed after the votes are counted. We will update everyone soon, as to how the on line submissions and voting will work. I know that Jim will do an excellent job listing the show winners on our club web site and our club editors will do an excellent job with these submissions in the Fall quarterly. Even through these troubled times "The Vision Continues" now and into the future as our younger members continue to show interest in working on and driving our beloved Crosleys.
Respectfully,
Jeffrey Ackerman
Chairman of the meet

James Hudson

Jeff, I just wanted to thank you and the other Officers and volunteers who work so hard for the Club and the National Meet. This was a very difficult decision for you to make and your dedication shows why this Club is, and will continue to be, a success. Thank you all and see you in 2021!

Lloyd Lautzenhiser

Jim:

I would guess our friend Pat is a Trump sheep.  Ignore all the social distancing protocols as he preaches. 

Speaking of ignorant! 

Lloyd

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io [mailto:Crosley-Gang@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Bollman
Sent: Saturday, May 30, 2020 6:00 PM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] National Meet Has Been Canceled for 2020

Bad language does not belong on the Crosley forum.

Sam Perley

I think it's best to keep this group from becoming political by any measure. I certainly am on here to enjoy crosley content and I think it's best for the sake of all members to continue to promote non political content. Yes, there are going to be members who are upset but at the end of the day this decision was made to ensure that all members of the Crosley Gang and Club are safe and healthy. Less for any political reasons but more so that we can enjoy more national meets in the future. 

David Stubenvoll

Thank you Sam, I totally agree. I was born when Eisenhower was president, grew up admiring the greatest generation, and I respect all opinions whether or not they are consistent with my own.

For fifty years I’ve always said that old car people are the best folks on the planet. Together, we can keep it that way.    

On May 30, 2020, at 8:19 PM, Sam Perley <samperley@...> wrote:

I think it's best to keep this group from becoming political by any measure. I certainly am on here to enjoy crosley content and I think it's best for the sake of all members to continue to promote non political content. Yes, there are going to be members who are upset but at the end of the day this decision was made to ensure that all members of the Crosley Gang and Club are safe and healthy. Less for any political reasons but more so that we can enjoy more national meets in the future. 

Jim Bollman

I agree and will put on moderate, anyone that turns it into a political debate.

Many things were discussed before the vote and they all added up to the decision. But one, that we would have had a problem getting around, was the state of Ohio on May 29th extended to July 1st the ban on gathering larger than 50. If they would have extended it again, it would have been a cancellation days before the meet. We were already required to limit the meet to 200 people and eliminated many of the activities. It would not been the show everyone wanted.

Jim...

On May 30, 2020, at 9:17 PM, Sam Perley <samperley@...> wrote:

Dennis Terdy

Thank you Crosley leadership for the well thought out safety-oriented decision. I am extremely disappointed, but the events of the past 3 months are new to all of us! I surely recognize the necessary strength and intelligence to arrive at this sad and, I am sure, very difficult decision.

Dennis Terdy

On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 7:13 PM Lloyd Lautzenhiser <not@...> wrote:

Jim:

I would guess our friend Pat is a Trump sheep.  Ignore all the social distancing protocols as he preaches. 

Speaking of ignorant! 

Lloyd

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io [mailto:Crosley-Gang@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Bollman

--
Dennis Terdy

Lloyd Lautzenhiser

Just so you know, I fully support your difficult decision.  I just wish there were more folks with your demonstrated wisdom.    

Lloyd

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io [mailto:Crosley-Gang@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dennis Terdy
Sent: Saturday, May 30, 2020 6:36 PM

Thank you Crosley leadership for the well thought out safety-oriented decision. I am extremely disappointed, but the events of the past 3 months are new to all of us! I surely recognize the necessary strength and intelligence to arrive at this sad and, I am sure, very difficult decision.

Dennis Terdy

On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 7:13 PM Lloyd Lautzenhiser <not@...> wrote:

Jim:

Speaking of ignorant! 

Lloyd

--

Dennis Terdy

Paula W

A tiny silver lining for those of us for whom attending and bringing our car is not practical. We can enter our car virtually!
This might be an opportunity to get the largest "showing" ever.

On Saturday, May 30, 2020, 4:22:19 PM PDT, Jim Bollman <jim@...> wrote:

Please read entire post.
Respectfully,
Jeffrey Ackerman
Chairman of the meet

AGREED

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sat, May 30, 2020 6:00 pm

Plandersen

Most of us have forgotten how to swear unless we hit our thumb with a hammer.  Then it all comes back.

On May 31, 2020, at 8:44 AM, Steve Cameron via groups.io <stevec9000@...> wrote:

AGREED

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sat, May 30, 2020 6:00 pm

Lloyd Lautzenhiser

Jim:

I agree and I apologize. 

Some background:
More than 100,000 people in the U.S. have now  tragically lost their lives to this virus – one of whom was a very good friend of mine of over 20 years.  He lost his life the very morning that Pat posted his twisted response.

I temporarily lost it.  It won’t happen again. 

Friends, please listen to medical science.

Lloyd 

Sent: Saturday, May 30, 2020 6:35 PM

Many things were discussed before the vote and they all added up to the decision. But one, that we would have had a problem getting around, was the state of Ohio on May 29th extended to July 1st the ban on gathering larger than 50. If they would have extended it again, it would have been a cancellation days before the meet. We were already required to limit the meet to 200 people and eliminated many of the activities. It would not been the show everyone wanted.

Jim...

Terrance Robinson

Loss

I , too, lost a VERY dear black friend that I had known since we were both 18 in freshman college--he died the day after Easter and the virus was the cause. I feel like my left arm has been severed. I will no longer look at life the same way. They couldn't have a funeral so are having a memorial service at Adrian College chapel in Michigan on his 76th birthday July 18 and I have been asked to speak. I will be there.

I live in an Army Retirement community that has been in lockdown since 15 March--unpleasant-but successful as none of our 900 fragile members or 400 staff have gotten the virus. Follow the science--politics should be the LAST thing influencing our decisions.

The Kaiser Frazer annual meeting for July in Oregon was also cancelled. Since they are not nearly as young or daring as the Crosley club, I fear for their survival. I've been a life member for 60 years.

Thanks to the Board for their courage. I can only respect and admire them for this decision.

Rev Dr Terrance Robinson
Army Retirement Center
San Antonio, TX

On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 11:34 AM Lloyd Lautzenhiser <not@...> wrote:

Jim:

I agree and I apologize. 

Some background:
More than 100,000 people in the U.S. have now  tragically lost their lives to this virus – one of whom was a very good friend of mine of over 20 years.  He lost his life the very morning that Pat posted his twisted response.

Lloyd 

Jim...

--
Hurt not the Earth neither the Sea. Nor the Trees.                         Revelation 7:3  
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."   
                                                                            President Dwight D. Eisenhower 
"The only thing to buy on credit is your casket."                       James A Michener
Debt is "anything that you pay today for yesterday's living"              Ruth Hayden
A model of Christian Charity: "We are all responsible (institutions and individuals)    to each other and to serve the common good"              Gov. John Winthrop 1630

Steve

Thank you!

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io [mailto:Crosley-Gang@groups.io] On Behalf Of Terrance Robinson
Sent: Sunday, May 31, 2020 11:53 AM

Loss

I , too, lost a VERY dear black friend that I had known since we were both 18 in freshman college--he died the day after Easter and the virus was the cause. I feel like my left arm has been severed. I will no longer look at life the same way. They couldn't have a funeral so are having a memorial service at Adrian College chapel in Michigan on his 76th birthday July 18 and I have been asked to speak. I will be there.

I live in an Army Retirement community that has been in lockdown since 15 March--unpleasant-but successful as none of our 900 fragile members or 400 staff have gotten the virus. Follow the science--politics should be the LAST thing influencing our decisions.

The Kaiser Frazer annual meeting for July in Oregon was also cancelled. Since they are not nearly as young or daring as the Crosley club, I fear for their survival. I've been a life member for 60 years.

Thanks to the Board for their courage. I can only respect and admire them for this decision.

Rev Dr Terrance Robinson

Army Retirement Center

San Antonio, TX

Jim:

I agree and I apologize. 

Some background:

Lloyd 

Jim...

--

Hurt not the Earth neither the Sea. Nor the Trees.                         Revelation 7:3  

"The only thing to buy on credit is your casket."                       James A Michener

Debt is "anything that you pay today for yesterday's living"              Ruth Hayden

A model of Christian Charity: "We are all responsible (institutions and individuals)    to each other and to serve the common good"              Gov. John Winthrop 1630

Richard Ranch

Just for perspective, I have a missionary friend in Guatemala. They are on lockdown (you can’t leave your home) from 5 pm to 5 am weekdays and 5 pm Friday until 5 am Monday. All International travel is cancelled. All public transportation is banned. This is for the next 30 days, at least.

They have lost 102 people nationwide.

And I’m complaining because I can’t get a haircut. 

On May 31, 2020, at 10:21 AM, Steve <brawnybug@...> wrote:

Thank you!

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io [mailto:Crosley-Gang@groups.io] On Behalf Of Terrance Robinson
Sent: Sunday, May 31, 2020 11:53 AM

Loss

Rev Dr Terrance Robinson

Army Retirement Center

San Antonio, TX

Jim:

I agree and I apologize. 

Some background:

Lloyd 

Jim...

--

Kenny Acheson

On the similar note Hershey has also been canceled for this year

Tim Hamblen

I just now sent my registration and will participate in the online show. Let's all make the best of it and get involved. Please , no more political or even Covid stuff. We all have heard enough of both (and yes we had it in our family too), let this be a place of harbor from the ugliness going around now. As an aside, I'd like to make the suggestion we all put an extra 5 or 10 in our registration. The club is taking a hit and could use the extra revenue. Might order up one of the T shirts too. Bound to be collector items.

parkhunter@...

Absolutely the right call from my perspective. Too many unknowns, and even if we had it the safety protocols and restrictions would have made the show a shadow of itself. 

Let’s all stay safe and healthy, get some projects done, enjoy the virtual show, and plan for 2021.

Blessings! 

Park

Tom Gerhard

Given the uncertainty of what the restrictions might be at the time, it is definitely the right call.   Even a 200 member meet without offsite events would be impractical for reasons noted in Jim's other post (not worth vendor's time, etc.).    Sad to see all of the work and planning already done set aside, but makes sense to make a call now.
I wasn't planning to attend due to our god-daughter's wedding (still waiting to see if that will happen), but now will preregister for the online version.
Looking forward to '21!