Topics

My fist Crosley - Hot Shot in DC

Mike P

Hi,

thank you for all the helpful advice and kind words about the car. I wasn’t really looking for one of these, but when I saw this car and the low price I had to put in a bid.  I have known about these for a long time from the SCCA rule books, so I always wondered about them.

I found a friend with a nice pick up truck who might be able to help me out and bring it up on one of my trailers.

Merry Christmas! 🎄

by Voice-to-text so beware weird words and spelling.

Regards, mike ~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~ guitar effects

www.analogman.com

shopping website is www.buyanalogman.com

.

On Dec 22, 2018, at 9:01 PM, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:

Mike,   Looks like you have a nicely restored Hot Shot. The modifications will give you more driveability than our all stock versions. I would not recommend a tow dolly. These cars are not heavy enough to tow that distance. You would probably break something along the way. The 24 foot enclosed trailer is the way to go. I have used a 22 foot enclosed trailer many times to get back and forth to the Crosley nationals. On that subject,  as chairman of the national meet, I invite you to the 2019 Crosley Automobile Club national meet. July 10 - 13 at the Fulton County Fairgrounds in Wauseon, Ohio. This is the big 50th year celebration for the club. Any and all questions you may have will gladly be answered here.
     Jeffrey

On Sat, Dec 22, 2018, 8:33 PM Mike Piera via Groups.Io <analogmike=aol.com@groups.io wrote:
Hi,

I won this awesome Hot Shot auction:

I don't have much time to bring it from DC to CT, due to my wife's health I can't spend much time away. I have a Trailex open trailer but it's too wide, would have to add boards to it. And it would be silly to bring my 24' enclosed trailer for it. I was wondering if anyone has tried a tow dolly with one of these cars??? If the roads are dry I could do that. Or if anyone in that area does delivery let me know. Or let me know if you just want to check it out with me and lend Crosley experience (I have none) if I don't end up getting a commercial transport company to deliver it.

Thanks!

Regards, mike  ~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~ guitar effects

AnalogMike@...

My racing website : http://www.analogman.com/911

'73 911RS, '08 GT3 cup, '01 Viper GTS, '74 Lotus Europa Special, '15 Audi S3, '06 MiniCooperS, '04 TowRig '50 Crosley Hot Shot

fred@...

Mike - don;t forget to blow $20 for membership in the Crosley Automobile Club. We love modified, h- mods, etc. along with a lot of fun stuff