Mechanical Brakes

Jim Liberty

Guys, I just finished installing a complete cable brake system on my '47 PU.Do I remove the shims on the front cross bar, and let it float.     ........Jim.

Jim Bollman

If you're talking about the wedges you put in to balance the brakes, yes. The floating across bar moves as needed to equalize the braking pull, so as things stretch you don’t have to continuously have to readjust the cable length..

Jim...

On May 1, 2021, at 1:22 PM, Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:

Guys, I just finished installing a complete cable brake system on my '47 PU.Do I remove the shims on the front cross bar, and let it float.     ........Jim.

Jim Liberty

Thanks Jim, a big help. I have not had these brakes since my '36 & '37 Fords.    .....Jim.