Topics

Mary Ethel Miller's Passing

Jim Bollman

Edited

Dave Anspach President of CAC sent me this tribute to post.

Mary Ethel Miller
It is with extreme sadness I report to you the passing of Mary Ethel Miller of Pennsylvania.  Mary Ethel was the wife of our Director of Regions C. Joe Miller.  She was an active supporter of the hobby and the Crosley Club on a National level as well as the Pa Region.   For those of you who attend Wauseon, you will remember her in 2 areas.  First and foremost (to me) she was the lady with the cheery smile and ready laugh that seemed to be manning the Pa. Region tent almost constantly.  Secondly she was the person who was there when the Keystone Road rally kicked off…helping to organize things, passing out water, and keeping Joe calm.

Personally, my earliest memory of Mary Ethel dates back over 20 years when I attended my first Crosley event in Pennsylvania.  I went to the event to learn more about the cars.  I walked in the door at the Brodbecks event and was immediately welcomed by her.  In short order, I had joined the Pennsylvania Region, got door prize tickets, and bought tickets for 2 different raffles.  In a whirlwind day, I met dozens of people, saw some fantastic cars, and had a fantastic time.  All because of her welcome!!  As I said I came to learn about cars… but I left understanding that the Club was the people…That was Mary Ethel….The people.

We all mourn with the Miller family on the loss of this great lady.  Please remember her and her family in your prayers.

Dave

crosleyshortsport

Well said Dave,  I will also remember Mary Ethel for the joy she spread !
        Jeffrey