Magneto Tech tips

mr.chips

For some reason I've gotten the bright idea to run a mag on my 48cc.  I see several of the generator mags for sale, but they all have that gear/ cog, and no shaft  like a distributor.   Had thoughts of adapting a distributor base onto one.   Then I realized these probably have no advance. 

You folks have any luck using other mags?

Jim Bollman

No personal experience but have been told that the generator mags were intended for a constant RPM and have no advance mechanism so not really suitable for car use. Racing mags show up from time to time but are usually expensive.

On Dec 26, 2021, at 11:51 AM, mr.chips k <olds61f85@...> wrote:

For some reason I've gotten the bright idea to run a mag on my 48cc.  I see several of the generator mags for sale, but they all have that gear/ cog, and no shaft  like a distributor.   Had thoughts of adapting a distributor base onto one.   Then I realized these probably have no advance. 

Ed Limke

Howdy from

Howdy from SD: I have F&M mag that I would sale ED 6053100927

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io [mailto:Crosley-Gang@groups.io] On Behalf Of mr.chips k
Sent: Sunday, December 26, 2021 10:52 AM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: [Crosley-Gang] Magneto Tech tips

Jim Liberty

Ed, have you run a magneto on any late model Crosleys.    ......Jim.

On Sun, Dec 26, 2021 at 7:47 PM Ed Limke <ealimke@...> wrote:

Howdy from

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io [mailto:Crosley-Gang@groups.io] On Behalf Of mr.chips k

mr.chips

Ed, I gave you a call- and left a message. 

Thanks,

Adam.

Ed Limke

Howdy: yes F/M on TQ

From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io [mailto:Crosley-Gang@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Liberty
Sent: Monday, December 27, 2021 2:13 PM
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] Magneto Tech tips

Ed, have you run a magneto on any late model Crosleys.    ......Jim.

On Sun, Dec 26, 2021 at 7:47 PM Ed Limke <ealimke@...> wrote:

Howdy from