I'm in need of a Crosley front axle must be the bigger hd style. Unfortunately mine is bent. Maybe someone has one towards the East Coast? I'm in upstate NY.  Only need axle/spindles no brake or steering parts.  Please let me know. Thanks -Mike-

L.E. Hardee

If it is not bent too bad, it can be straightened.  Check with a good alignment shop that has been around long enough to know how to deal with straight axles.  Most of the time, axles can be straightened on the car, no need to remove.  If you are handy with tools and have a little common sense, message back and I can tell you how to straighten it yourself.  This includes bends that are vertical or horizontal.

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 10:08 AM Mike via Groups.Io <seller432=aim.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm in need of a Crosley front axle must be the bigger hd style. Unfortunately mine is bent. Maybe someone has one towards the East Coast? I'm in upstate NY.  Only need axle/spindles no brake or steering parts.  Please let me know. Thanks -Mike-

Robert Connearney

Someone in a truck spring/alignment shop should be able to fix this during their coffee brake.

If you get desparate, I'm sure I have some extras; just a matter of getting the energy to find/dig out/or remove it from a chassis. Probably would be an early model (mechanical brakes), but I'd guess the axle is the same.

(I'm just north of Boston. Might be going to Watkins Glen Friday, but probably don't have time to procure it now. Maybe Lime Rock in a few weeks.)

-------- Original message --------
From: "Mike via Groups.Io" <seller432@...>
Date: 9/3/19 10:08 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: [Crosley-Gang] Looking For Crosley Front Axle

I'm in need of a Crosley front axle must be the bigger hd style. Unfortunately mine is bent. Maybe someone has one towards the East Coast? I'm in upstate NY.  Only need axle/spindles no brake or steering parts.  Please let me know. Thanks -Mike-

Mike <seller432@...>

I’ll have to call around town there isn’t many places around that understand old stuff or want to bother with it. I have a older axle but I’m running a bigger engine and want to stick with the beefier type.

On Sep 3, 2019, at 7:10 PM, Robert Connearney via Groups.Io <rconnearney@...> wrote:

Someone in a truck spring/alignment shop should be able to fix this during their coffee brake.

If you get desparate, I'm sure I have some extras; just a matter of getting the energy to find/dig out/or remove it from a chassis. Probably would be an early model (mechanical brakes), but I'd guess the axle is the same.

(I'm just north of Boston. Might be going to Watkins Glen Friday, but probably don't have time to procure it now. Maybe Lime Rock in a few weeks.)

I'm in need of a Crosley front axle must be the bigger hd style. Unfortunately mine is bent. Maybe someone has one towards the East Coast? I'm in upstate NY.  Only need axle/spindles no brake or steering parts.  Please let me know. Thanks -Mike-

crosleyshortsport

I have one that has been strengthened. You may purchase it for $50 if you like. I am center between Rochester and Buffalo, 7 miles off the 90 thruway in East Bethany, NY     Jeffrey

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019, 5:44 PM L.E. Hardee <hftsales@...> wrote:
If it is not bent too bad, it can be straightened.  Check with a good alignment shop that has been around long enough to know how to deal with straight axles.  Most of the time, axles can be straightened on the car, no need to remove.  If you are handy with tools and have a little common sense, message back and I can tell you how to straighten it yourself.  This includes bends that are vertical or horizontal.

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 10:08 AM Mike via Groups.Io <seller432=aim.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm in need of a Crosley front axle must be the bigger hd style. Unfortunately mine is bent. Maybe someone has one towards the East Coast? I'm in upstate NY.  Only need axle/spindles no brake or steering parts.  Please let me know. Thanks -Mike-

crosleyshortsport

Here are a couple photos of the strengthened axle.   Jeffrey

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019, 8:49 PM jeffrey ackerman <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:
[...]

kcahill@...

Crosley actually had a steel bar in their parts list to reinforce the early front axles before they came out with the stronger ones. The reinforced earlier front axles will use the smaller king pins than the later heavy duty front axles that used the larger king pins.