Topics

LOOKING FOR AN EMBLEM

@BarryO

Hello, As some of you know, I am building a PUP project, being that most all are in museums, ect.  It has been fun, and we are moving right along on it.  I am looking for the emblem for it. I will describe: it is block letters, flat, the letters are connected with what could be electricity of lightning running horizontally thru it, to tie the letters together, I believe 3 screw holes. Note: the emblem will be painted olive drab, so, one that is older and have some pitting of discoloration would work. Please, contact me at ogletreez@.... I will answer promptly.  I will attach a photo.

Robert Connearney

Google "chrome letters" (images) and you will find so many suppliers, your head will spin. Typically, they come with adhesive backing, and cost a dollar a piece. You'll have to improvise for the lightning bolt.

Bob Connearney

@BarryO

Hello, As much trouble as we are going to, to get this PUP as close as we cam...I wanted to try for the correct emblem first. Surely there os one out there somewhere. Thanks!

James Dlapa

Hello. With the picture you should be able to get the correct font, and have them water jet or laser cut out  and chrome plated. Unless you did stainless and polished them.
...just a thought.

Good luck

On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 8:01 AM ogletreez via Groups.Io <ogletreez=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello, As much trouble as we are going to, to get this PUP as close as we cam...I wanted to try for the correct emblem first. Surely there os one out there somewhere. Thanks!

Jim Bollman

With only 36 made and a low survival rate, I think your chances of finding an original is low. On the other hand you have a good straight on picture that a patten could be made from. As I recall it is just a piece of flat brass stock so it should be easy to cut out with a jig saw and then carefully file to finish. If memory serves and it may not, one of the restored Pups done back in the 70s had a home made emblem made using a similar technique,

Jim...

On Apr 14, 2018, at 11:01 AM, ogletreez via Groups.Io <ogletreez@...> wrote:

Hello, As much trouble as we are going to, to get this PUP as close as we cam...I wanted to try for the correct emblem first. Surely there os one out there somewhere. Thanks!

@BarryO

Hello, and THANKS! all of you. I really appreciate all of the help and suggestions. I had thought of the brass sheet route. I have a detail nibbler. I have aan exact rubbing from the PUP in MontEagle, Tennessee.  If any of you are interested, I have a small FaceBook site for the PUPs Progress. Link: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011398396551
or go to Barry Ogletree on FB. I will Friend promptly.
Regards
Barry Ogletree
Lufkin, Texas