Topics

Large Fan?

jane altman

larger fan? For blades?
I am wanting to regularly drive up mountains and on the road in general.  A comment made to me by my restoration guy:. "You might want to look into a larger fan to protect the aluminum cover from overheating".   Anyone have comments on this thought?
Thank you!
Jane

seb fontana

What aluminum cover are we talking about?

dale@servicemotors.net

You should not need it as long as you have a clean radiator, clean engine, correct timing and a correct thermostat.

On Jun 26, 2019, at 7:16 AM, jane altman <bchjanead@...> wrote:

larger fan? For blades?
I am wanting to regularly drive up mountains and on the road in general.  A comment made to me by my restoration guy:. "You might want to look into a larger fan to protect the aluminum cover from overheating".   Anyone have comments on this thought?
Thank you!
Jane

L.E. Hardee

I agree that more fan should not be necessary if everything else is good.  But if you do, try the four blade Farm-O-Road fan.  It fits the same as the regular fan.  Just be careful that you don't get a generator four blade fan.  It is designed to blow air out of the radiator instead of pulling it in from the grill.

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 2:23 PM dale@... <Dale@...> wrote:
You should not need it as long as you have a clean radiator, clean engine, correct timing and a correct thermostat.

On Jun 26, 2019, at 7:16 AM, jane altman <bchjanead@...> wrote:

larger fan? For blades?
I am wanting to regularly drive up mountains and on the road in general.  A comment made to me by my restoration guy:. "You might want to look into a larger fan to protect the aluminum cover from overheating".   Anyone have comments on this thought?
Thank you!
Jane

A50CROSLEYTRK@...

Air dams are important too. Some are under the bumper such as VC. On both sides of the radiator in CC and also in the hood on CD.  If  things are right mine has never over heated in WV mountains.

In a message dated 6/26/2019 2:23:09 PM Eastern Standard Time, Dale@... writes:

You should not need it as long as you have a clean radiator, clean engine, correct timing and a correct thermostat.

On Jun 26, 2019, at 7:16 AM, jane altman <bchjanead@...> wrote:

larger fan? For blades?
I am wanting to regularly drive up mountains and on the road in general.  A comment made to me by my restoration guy:. "You might want to look into a larger fan to protect the aluminum cover from overheating".   Anyone have comments on this thought?
Thank you!
Jane

parkhunter@...

Four blade fans are typically used on parade vehicles that spend most of their time idling. When driving, more airflow comes from traveling at speed than the fan produces. As others have mentioned, it is probably more critical to install the cardboard air dams around the radiator, which ensure all that fresh cool 45-mph air goes through the radiator instead of around it.

Park