Topics

Large distributor points , rotor , cap and condenser ...........who has them.

Tim Hamblen

All I see on Service website is for the small distributor. The Aerojet in my 48 has the large one.It's ran like a top since I bought it 12 years ago but I'm gonna need the parts sometime.

Kenn Cahill

Which engines used the large distributor? My Aerojet has the small one. Where the large distributors used for a specific application?

Sent from my iPhone

Tim Hamblen

You'll see both large and small on them. Both will work but the large one has better advance mechanism.To be honest mine may have an electronic ignition because when I take the cap off I do not see points etc.Runs so good I did not want to fool with it. I'd sure like to see a picture of the inside of one.

Butch

Tim,

We had all of the parts for the large distributor, Dale probably still does, also.

Butch

On 5/29/2017 1:37 PM, Tim Hamblen via Groups.Io wrote:
All I see on Service website is for the small distributor. The Aerojet in my 48 has the large one.It's ran like a top since I bought it 12 years ago but I'm gonna need the parts sometime.

Tim Hamblen

Thanks Butch, just did not see them on their price sheet.

Tim Hamblen

Well, getting old has it's pitfalls. I actually had the receipt from buying the parts 12 years ago from Butch. Forgot I had replaced them back then. The large distributor once you take the cap off has a cover over the parts. Lift the cover off and there they are.Much bigger points and rotor. I wish all motors had this distributor, very nicely made.Mine are as in new condition but I doubt I have put 200 miles on them. LOL

kirkbrit@...

Most cars from this era have either Autolite or Prestolite dizzies.  The innards were and are rather universal.  If you still have the dizzy tag and know anyone at a corner parts store or NAPA who will look in a book rather the computer, the references are easy IF you have the dizzy model #.

CROSLEY19@...

it's a Ford distributor, any Napa has the parts. Just give them the autolite dist # off of the side of the distributor.
Barry