Topics

Interior sun visor


Andy Farley
 

I'm cleaning up the interior roof of my '48 wagon. I noticed that there is a place in the corner above the windshield where a sun visor could be mounted. Did Crosleys have sun visors inside? If so are they available?


Tim Hamblen
 

Yes they had them but no not available. If you can locate a pair of them , even bad ones a good trim shop can redo them.


Spock Arnold
 

Yes they were used.  You see a few every year at Wauseon. 

On Aug 23, 2020 5:02 PM, Andy Farley <farleya1@...> wrote:
I'm cleaning up the interior roof of my '48 wagon. I noticed that there is a place in the corner above the windshield where a sun visor could be mounted. Did Crosleys have sun visors inside? If so are they available?


L.E. Hardee
 

I think they were regular equipment for the drivers side and optional for the passenger side except the later CD Super models where they were standard for both sides.  You experts correct me if I am wrong.


On Sun, Aug 23, 2020 at 8:48 PM Spock Arnold via groups.io <tmkldwwj=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Yes they were used.  You see a few every year at Wauseon. 

On Aug 23, 2020 5:02 PM, Andy Farley <farleya1@...> wrote:
I'm cleaning up the interior roof of my '48 wagon. I noticed that there is a place in the corner above the windshield where a sun visor could be mounted. Did Crosleys have sun visors inside? If so are they available?


Kenn Cahill
 

I had a 1946 sedan that only had the visor for the driver. I have a late 1948 wagon with visors for both driver and passenger.


dale@servicemotors.net
 

Service motors has used one that can be restored

On Aug 23, 2020, at 6:01 PM, Kenn Cahill <drkenncahill@...> wrote:

I had a 1946 sedan that only had the visor for the driver. I have a late 1948 wagon with visors for both driver and passenger.



Andy Farley
 

I got the sun visors from Service Motors. They are just what I needed. I was just wondering if anyone knows what size screws I should be using to mount them. 


Richard Helm
 

Andy – The parts book shows #10 X ½” long oval head countersunk sheet metal screws.

Rich Helm


Andy Farley
 

Thank You, I kinda figured it was a#10 but I couldn't get any thread size to match. Sheet metal screw makes sense.