Intake manifold studs

jeff

I am replacing the intake/exhaust manifold studs on a Fageol 44 engine with new studs.  What is the best sealant to put on the threads to prevent coolant leaks?

Thanks,

Jeff

jeff

I used Permatex Thread Sealant High Temperature.   Goes onto the stud threads as a liquid and cures into a nice white sealer ( see attached photo).

Works great on the intake/exhaust studs.

Jeff

Sent from my jphone

Robert Kirk

Spec data shows it works up to 400 F.  Unsure if that is high enough for manifold studs.

jeff

I will let you know how it goes.  After running the engine for a few hours, no problems.   My temperature gauge shows the block running under 200 F.

Do you have a better recommendation for sealant?

Sent from my jphone

Spec data shows it works up to 400 F.  Unsure if that is high enough for manifold studs.

seb fontana

Permatex #1

Jim Liberty

Good stuff indeed.         ...........Jim.

On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 10:47 AM seb fontana via groups.io <speedoo51=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Permatex #1