Ignition timing

Andy Farley

I've been trying to get my "new" Super Sports to run. I'm sure it's been years since it ran. Anyway I've been trying to follow the instructions in the service manual. It says " Top dead center on number 1 cylinder" and the first timing mark should be visible on the flywheel. After I put a screwdriver in number one cylinder and slowly turned the engine to to top dead center I saw two marks on the flywheel. My problem was I didn't know what the first and second timing marks should look like. Apparently the first timing mark is actually two marks and the second is only one mark. Once I figured that out it fired right up.

dale@servicemotors.net

Before you start it please call me
866-449-0029
Dale service motors